Sunshine is good for the Soul

Oh my - the weather here has been AM.AZ.ING!  The sun has been shining and I put away the winter coats {although not permanently because that's just tempting fate}!

The thing about sunshine here is that you never know how long it is going to last - so as soon as you see it - you make a mad dash to sit under it until it goes away.

We're kind of like lizards that way.  And while growing up in Arizona I took the sunshine for granted - five years in France have made me change my ways!

We've been taking the boys outside and letting them run off their built up energy and they've enjoyed every second of it.

They've even opened up all of the carousels!

{I'm not sure why every French village/town has their own carousel downtown.  It's almost as symbolic as the churches.  Of course my boys can't pass a carousel without begging to ride one}.

We even took a stroll through Vichy - a neighboring village with an amazing history {from Napoleon to WWII} and even better shopping.

Needless to say that springtime in France is one of those seasons that has to be enjoyed!

Have you seen springtime arrive yet?



Pin It

12 comments:

Liene said...

I loved Vichy, especially the riverfront. We were there on a Sunday and had problems finding a place to eat - and ended up at an "American" place! Spring is here in Greenville, as evidenced by 70-80 degree temperatures, daffodils and blooming trees. Only a matter of time before it's over 100...

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

It feels like spring today and the sunshine is yes! such a treat. I think it's going to dip back into the 40s later this week though. At least I can see it is coming now.

Emmy said...

Yep our spring has definitely already come.. but then again in California it is hard dot tell for sure when one season starts and begins. I didn't know that about the Carousels, that is fun. Glad you are enjoying the sun.

Natalie said...

Ooh sounds fabulous in France! We are having wonderful weather today!

mj said...

It sounds wonderful there! We have had two back to back days of lovely sunshine here, too, but sadly the rain and cold have moved back in. Ah well. It was nice while it lasted.

Tim Dudek said...

We just had to wonderfully warm days here in Illinois.. then I woke up this morning to snow on the ground :)

When I visited Paris I planned the trip for April. Not just because it was my birthday but also to see Paris in Spring. It was wonderful if a little cool.

AiringMyDirtyLaundry said...

Yes, we've finally had some nice weather. I love it!

The Dose of Reality said...

It looks fantastic! Happy springtime! :)-Ashley

Danielle D'Ambrosio said...

We were in Paris last weekend (for work) but it was gorgeous it was like every Parisian was outside enjoying the weather :) I do love spring but it hasn't hit New York yet! I hope soon...

Nieves said...

It is so nice spring is nearly here. We are enjoying a lovely weather in Madrid as well and it is simply wonderful. I was in a park next to my house and was crowded with people. Hugs and kisses,

Sara Louise said...

It's funny that I arrived to Texas and it's been uncharacteristically grey and rainy, and my husband is up in Clermont at his mother's house enjoying the sunshine! Go figure :)

Susan Liberatore said...

I've heard it's been so mild in Europe! Jealous.
This has been the worst winter in a long time. Snow, snow and more snow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...