Going Greek

Well, it looks like I have turned into a weekly blogger.  Sadly, that is about all I can handle at the moment.

Life has been crazy busy - but in a good way.  Still trying to find my balance through all of the changes happening lately.  Ironically, this is about the same time last year that I stopped blogging.  I refuse to let it happen again this year.  Not writing made it feel like I had a piece of myself missing - I didn't like that feeling.

The boys are on "Spring Break" for two weeks.  We're on day 3 and Nathan keeps asking when he gets to go back to school.  Le sigh.  We're sending him to a "day camp" of sorts - but I think he is getting bored.  Kid likes to learn I guess.

Yesterday we celebrated Mardi Gras.  All the kids were dressed up in costumes, it was sort of adorable.  The big tradition around here is to eat "Bugnes", which is essentially fried dough covered in sugar.  Don't ever call it a donut in front of a French person - they don't like it.  The boys really loved getting their free bugnes at the bakery by our house - Noah kept asking for "encore" {more}.

I've also had my very first ever sinus infection.  What in the world?  These things are super painful and it makes me feel like my face has been punched {I've never been punched in the face but I imagine this is what it feels like}.

I'm slowly working my way around to all of your beautiful blogs, be patient with me.  I'll get there - maybe late but surely! 

And while the weather has been nice and sunny - it hasn't prevented me from daydreaming about our vacation later this year.  The big "mystery" location - GREECE!  It has always been a dream of mine to visit and I'm so excited that we finally get to go.  The timing worked out perfectly for everyone's schedules.  We'll be spending one week in Athens and one week in Santorini.  I would love to hear if any of you have been!

Pin It

18 comments:

Liene said...

Oh, Greece! That intense sun in Athens, the blue water on the way out to our island... We enjoyed a day on santorini, you'll probably like it best in the evenings when the tourists boats have departed. Romantic, but kid-friendly - one of my all time favorite vacations ever!

AiringMyDirtyLaundry said...

I have not been to either place, but would love to someday. I look forward to your photos!

Amy O'Neill said...

I've been to Santorini it's beautiful!!!! Never been to Athens but would love to go see all the museums and ruins.

Have been to Crete and cephalonia also. Cephalonia is where captain correlei's mandolin was filmed and it is so idyllic.

Greece is like stepping back in time!

Amy
www.amydublin.blogspot.ie

Amy O'Neill said...

www.amydublinia. blogspot.ie

Sonya said...

What a fun trip to plan! One of the reasons I wouldn't mind living overseas is the ease of travel to other locations once you are there. Have fun planning!

Sonya said...

What a fun trip to plan! One of the reasons I wouldn't mind living overseas is the ease of travel to other locations once you are there. Have fun planning!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful trip you have planned! I haven't been to either place, but I bet they will both be great places to explore.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

How exciting! I would love to see Greece. Course I'd love to see France too ;-)

Susan Liberatore said...

Officially JEALOUS. Sigh.

Mrs. Match said...

Wow, greece sounds amazing!! I hope you guys have a wonderful time!

The Dose of Reality said...

Greece is totally on my bucket list! I am so jealous!-Ashley

Michelle Scarbrough said...

I've been to Athens…spent four days there when they were renovating for the Olympics. It was a dump. I've heard it's improved since then…I certainly hope so for your sake! The Acropolis is amazing…the ticket that you buy for it gets you into many of the other ruins in Athens. If you can go for a stroll after dark when the Acropolis is all lit up it's gorgeous. Other than that…I was mostly disappointed in Athens. There's good shopping, though, and awesome leather sandals. Have fun!

Ilene Evans said...

Yay for you going to Greece! And I am glad you had a nice Mardi Gras. And sinus infections are the WORST. I hope you are feeling better!

Natalie said...

Oooh I am jealous...I want to go to Greece!

Melissa Souza said...

That is awesome your son loves school! Sorry to hear about the sinus infection... those are such pains. I have only really had a few, but I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. As for Greece!!! I'm super excited for you... and a little jealous. It's on my list of one of the must-see places to travel. Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Emmy said...

Oh it would be so fun to go to Greece! So glad it is going to work out. I have been still been blogging but man just barely as I feel like life is speed up 10 times lately and no time for anything

Enie Dub said...

My sister visited Santorini about 10 years ago and she adored it!! You will have a brilliant time in the Greek Isles, I'm sure.

Quiana said...

So excited for your trip and thank you for your recent lovely comments on my blog! My BFF is Greek and I keep trying to tell him he needs to take me with him one of these years. Until then I will be anxiously awaiting your Instagram posts and trip recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...