Ready for my close-up

Remember how I told you yesterday that my week has been a tad bit bizarre?  At least most bizarre than usual?

Well as if my television debut wasn't enough, Monday night we got to attend a private screening of the International Short Film Festival.

This festival, which attracts film makers from around the world, happens every year in our town, and it is a big deal.  

I'm lucky that my company is one of the major sponsors, and hosted a reception and private screening of some American films that were presented in the festival.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that while this festival happens every year, I have never been.  Ever.  So this was the perfect opportunity to finally see what all of the hoopla was about.  And even more importantly to have a night out without the boys.

The reception started at 6:30, so we had to rush from work.  While I would have normally gotten a little gussied up for such an event, my Monday work attire had to suffice.  


Drinking wine again?

In addition to the delicious reception, we got to meet some pretty cool people - like the president of the NYU film school.

And that fly in the poster?  It is the work of a young American artist, and it is plastered all over our town.  We were lucky enough to get to signed posters for the boys - because what boy doesn't love flies and bugs?



And while definition, most short films don't last longer than 30 minutes I was surprised how much emotion they could capture.  Some where hysterical and others were emotionally gut-wrenching.

Definitely a great introduction the film festival and such a great date night out!

And as promised here is the link to my super television debut {click here}.  Does anybody technical know how I can post just the video?

In any case - for all my francophone readers please don't mind the terrible french accent.  It's a work in progress!

{linking up here}


Pin It

11 comments:

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

What a fun evening, and how cool that you got copies of the fly for the boys!

Quiana said...

I agree with Liz about the fly - pretty awesome! I LOVE film festivals and getting a tease at Sundance this year only wants me to go back for the entire festival next year . . . I don't speak French but I think you looked fine in the clip! Smiling is always a good bet in my book ;-)

Liene said...

Don't know what you were so worried about - you're very photogenic, it's no wonder they interviewed you! Missed out on the film festival while in CF, our last year there we had been planning to go, and then the snowstorm/Mikus was born happened :)

Melissa Souza said...

Damn girl, you've been liven' the celebrity life! You look great... since I don't speak French I have no idea what you said! But that's so exciting! Glad you've had such a great week... and a night out without kid(s) is always awesome!

Natalie said...

How cool is that?! Look at you TV start!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That sounds so fun! I wish I could watch the video. But my internet is so slow from the mountain behind our house we can't do any streaming :-(

AiringMyDirtyLaundry said...

How fabulous!

Mrs. Match said...

That sounds like a really fun date night! Plus how cool to get a signed poster for the boys!

Emmy said...

How fun that you were able to go! The video clip keeps saying it is having technical errors- will have to try later

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This looks like a wonderful evening. My guy would love the bug too.

Amy O'Neill said...

Hello from Ireland (you follow my sister Enid's blog - LPA Rebuild)

I think your french accent is really good!!! (My high school french is so bad). Did you speak it before you moved to France?

I look forward to following your blog and would be honoured if you would follow me
Amy
http://amydublinia.blogspot.ie/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...