Brothers

When I was pregnant with Noah, I would often daydream about what it would be like to have two boys.

I thought about what an amazing gift I was giving to Nathan - a brother, a lifetime friend, a partner in crime. 

I would smile at the imaginary life they hadn't yet lived and prayed that with only a two year age difference that they would be much closer than my sister and I were.

After Noah was born, reality set in.

Life was not all puppies and rainbows and Nathan seemed more annoyed than anything else.

It seemed that I have spent the last two years just surviving and trying to keep the peace.  It seemed my fantasy of brotherhood was just that - a fantasy.

And then lately life started evolving.  Noah began looking up to his big brother and wanted to imitate everything he did.

Magically the boys started getting a long.  They started getting along and even started playing together.

I thought it was the calm before the storm.  I was so skeptical of this new found friendship.  I was convinced that they were up to something.

Instead their friendship is growing - their bond is starting to develop and at every smile and every laugh my heart melts just a little.

Having a brother must be the best feeling in the world.

Pin It

14 comments:

AiringMyDirtyLaundry said...

Aw, so sweet!

Tim Dudek said...

I grew up the youngest in a household of three brothers. Whenever we'd get mad at each other or into a fight my Dad would say "Your brother is the best friend you'll ever have." You can try that line if you like :)

Ilene said...

I am so glad your boys are getting along these days! (My son would do anything for a brother!) there is nothing quite like sibling love!

Melissa Souza said...

Aw, they are so adorable.

mj said...

This is so sweet! My boys are almost four years apart in age, and I was afraid they wouldn't be able to play well together, but they proved me wrong. My favorite thing in the world is to watch them "conspire" together :) Having a brother really must be a special thing.

Susan Liberatore said...

SO sweet!
I always wished I had a sister or brother close in age. My own is 12 years older.

Susan Liberatore said...

PS -are you on instagram? Need to check!

Emmy said...

Yea!! It is so nice when they hit the ages where they really can play together. The older the get the closer they will seem in age too

Natalie said...

Awww I hope my boys are the same way!

Cam Bibs and Baubles said...

I know exactly what you mean! I'm seeing the bond form with my two babies. It's amazing to just watch it unfold.

I'm glad they're becoming best friends. Love that picture!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I am so glad they are getting along so well.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

They are so cute together.

Mrs. Match said...

I hate when people say that having siblings will automatically create this special bond. It definitely takes time, I think. It is so awesome to see that bond happening for your boys! I'm on the fence about having another for this very reason, but your post is encouraging!

oomph. said...

this is so wonderful. my kids are many years apart and don't get along...still waiting :)

[oomph.]
$600 SPRING Giveaway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...