What happens in Vegas....

...ends up on my blog.  Or at least something like that.

I have a confession to make.  I'm a horrible wife.  Every single time that we go back to the States, I hijack my family and keep them sequestered in Arizona for the duration of our trip.  Before going, my husband gently suggested that he would love to see more than Arizona this trip.  The ideas of where we would go swirled in my head - then we landed - everyone got sick - and we had to keep the traveling to a minimum.

Again - a super long drawn out story of how we ended up in Vegas for a few days before New Year's - sans kids.  Since it is only a few hours away from Arizona it was the perfect mix of going away without going "too far" - plus who doesn't love Las Vegas?

It ended up being right up there on the list of one of my favorite vacations.  We stayed for three days at the Mandalay Bay and it was perfect.

We had the perfect blend of romantic getaway coupled with cheesy Las Vegas tourists.  We dined at fancy restaurants and buffets.  We got all gussied up and went out dancing and we even took in a concert.

You guys - it was amazing.  I love the diversity that Las Vegas offers - it really can be any kind of vacation you want it be.

One night for dinner we ended up going to the Red Square at the Mandalay Bay and the food was amazing.  It's a Russian restaurant and I had the most delicious Caviar, and Beef Stroganoff and of course Vodka.

Since we were on a Russian kick, we ended up going to the ice bar that is also at the Mandalay Bay.  Cornel had already been to an Ice Bar in Milan and told me that it was something I had to do once in my life.  It was quite the experience - everything was made out of ice, even the glasses.  Definitely an experience I'll remember.

We also took in a concert while we were in town.  I can't tell you the last time that we had been to a concert together - actually yes - it was in 2010.  We were long overdue.

We went back to Arizona just before New Year's Eve - because as much as I love Las Vegas - I wanted to ring in the new year with my boys.
Pin It

21 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What cute pics! That sounds fun. I have never been to a Russian restaurant (although I have been to Vegas)

Emmy said...

Yea! How fun and how awesome to get away just the two of you.

It would be hard not to want to just spend most of the time with family though as you don't get to see your family that often.

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

I know you had a rough start to the trip, so I'm really glad you found some time to relax and enjoy yourself. It's so important to recharge like that.

Quiana said...

What a fun side trip! I have a serious obsession with Vegas and am already counting down until when I go back again. Glad you had a good time in Sin City!

Melissa @Momma Running in Heels said...

Saweet! An ice bar? How awesome... I'm marking that down for our next Vegas trip, for sure! Looks like y'all had a great time.

Shellsea said...

So fun to see you in a familiar place! I agree Vegas really can be any vacation you want out of it. My husband and I have also been to Minus 5! Pretty Cold.

Kate R said...

Looks like a perfect getaway! I always wanted to go to the ice bar in Tokyo - too late now! Will have to find one somewhere else in the world to go to :)

DaniD said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to see "more" than Arizona. It's funny though - it's the same when we go to visit my boyfriends family. We always end up doing the SAME things. Hopefully we take a hint from you and get our own mini break in the next time :)

Adrienne said...

Sounds amazing! What a great treat for the two of you. And glasses made out of ice??? Who knew!??!

jeands said...

sound so much fun! i think every couple need to be away once in a while sans kids. beautiful pictures.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This sounds like a wonderful trip. You look so relaxed and happy in your pictures.

The Dose of Reality said...

I love Vegas! One of our favorite couple vacations ever was to Las Vegas at New Year's Eve! :)

Heathers Happenings said...

What a wonderful getaway! That ice bar sounds amazing.

Natalie said...

Awww so glad you went to Vegas! I went back in 2008 and had a great time!

Caroline Susanto said...

I really want to go there and try the ice bar ^^

Caroline
Please feel free to join my giveaway : $80 MsDressy Gift Voucher
http://missoline.com/

SkyMommy said...

Wow that ice bar sounds so neat. Definitely putting it on my list of places to go next time I'm in Vegas.

Kim@Co-Pilot Mom said...

Sounds like a very fun trip! It is always fun to explore new places.

Blond Duck said...

I don't think I could have done the ice bar-- too cold for my Texas blood!

labergerebasque said...

i don’t like Vegas. But I do think it is a must see. Good to hear you had couple time and that it was fun. Who wouldn’t miss your boys. They are beautiful :)

Susan said...

So fun! I love Vegas.

Kim said...

You look great Barbara! I've never been to Vegas and although I don't have a burning desire to go, I know I will end up there one day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...