Missing.In.Action

Wow, it has been a long time since I've stopped in here.

You might have noticed that I took an unexpected hiatus around here.

For a big part of that time we were back in the United States celebrating the holidays with my family.

For another part of it were were nursing sick kids.

It all started the week before we were going to fly out {doesn't it always?}.  First Noah had more bronchial issues and was finally diagnosed with asthma.  Then Nathan decided to get his first ear infection in over two years - all before hopping on a plane.  The words stress didn't even begin to cover it.

We all survived though.  We got on many planes and nearly 19 hours later we arrived in Phoenix.  A little tired but safe and sound.

Then a little over 48 hours later, Noah broke out in chicken pox.  All over.  The pox.  Did I mention this was on his actual first birthday?  Chaos.  We had to cancel his birthday party, cancel the baptism we had planned to do while we were there and we were quasi-quarantined for nearly 10 days.  The most surprising thing about all of this is that Nathan never got the chicken pox.  We waited but there was not a pox to be found on him.

It wasn't all bad.  Noah got better.  Santa came to visit us.  The hubs and I took a trip to Vegas.  Noah finally got baptized.  We rang in 2013 as a family.  We survived the trip back home.

And while you would think that we are finally adjusting to our old "normal" - Nathan came down with the flu and started school all in the same week.  Such is life, right?

So while I hope to be back on here more this year {in fact it is one of my resolutions} it might be slow going for a while.  I hope you will still stick with me.

Just for fun.  Here is a picture of what happens when you take a three year old to the "Wild West".

I hope you all had an amazing Holiday Season and I wish you all the most amazing New Year!
Pin It

15 comments:

Adrienne said...

cutest pic! And I have MISSED YOU!! I knew you were in the states - sorry it was so crazy...and hope you enjoyed a good dose of "home" in spite of it all! Bonne Annee!!!

The Anecdotal Baby said...

I was wondering where you'd gone! You were very much missed, and I'm glad to see your back safe and semi-sound. What a wild ride for you guys. Glad to hear "normal" is making it's way back and maybe you're just getting all the sickies out of the way for a year filled with laughter and fun without being muddied up with all the junk! Fingers x.

Kate R said...

Good to see you back, though sorry it hasn't been the easiest time for you beautiful boys! Looking forward to seeing more of you around here :)

DaniD said...

What a vacation! sounds like you needed a vacation from your vacation!! My two little sisters got the chicken pox when we were all younger but I never got them, and still haven't to this day.

DaniD said...

What a vacation! sounds like you needed a vacation from your vacation!! My two little sisters got the chicken pox when we were all younger but I never got them, and still haven't to this day.

Sonya said...

That picture is hysterical! Glad you had a good trip! Too bad you've had lots of sickies:(

Quiana said...

Oh my! Welcome back - the bout with illness reminds me of what happened right before we went to Nigeria at the end of 2011 with Nia when she was 16 months old. She was healing from back to back ear infections and it was awful having to fly so long with her but thankfully nursing and antibiotics helped. Sounds like you were still able to eek out a fun trip and can't wait to see more pics. Have a happy 2013!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Chicken pox?!? What bad timing. Adorable pic though. I missed your posts!

JoeinVegas said...

No one else got the pox? Oh, too young to scratch all over.

Our Little Bubble said...

Um wow!! that's a lot to survive! Glad you had a lovely holiday :)

Natalie said...

Oh no! That is some bad luck my friend...I am hoping that will be all the sickness you see in 2013 :) Wouldn't that be nice?

Susan said...

That may be the cutest picture I've ever seen!
Sounds like you had a very FULL holiday season. Sorry to hear about the illness. That's rough.
Happy New Year again!

Emmy said...

Oh no!! What are the chances he gets chicken pox! So sorry not fun at all. Glad you were able to still have a nice visit despite everything.
That picture is so so cute!

Sara Louise said...

Oh my heavens, that sounds like no fun at all! But that photo is super duper cute :)

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Glad you're back but so sorry about the chicken pox! That's rough. But I'm happy that you got to spend some time back in the US with your family too. Stay healthy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...