Dear Nathan...



Dear Nathan,

This month has been so much fun with you.  The Christmas magic is alive and you are taking it all in.  You are in awe of the lights and the tree and everything else that comes with season.  You love to sing Christmas carols and completely surprised me when you started singing them in French.  You still aren't sure how you feel about Santa, but you do know that you want him to bring you a red present.  I'm pretty sure he will oblige.

You went up to the mountains with your daddy this month to take in all of the snow.  You loved going down the mountain, although your favorite part was turning the snow yellow.  It's all about the little things, right?

This week you started your last week ever at daycare.  In January you will officially start school.  This makes me sadder than I can even express.  I still remember the day we dropped you off for the very first time.  You were only a few months old and I didn't know how I would be able to handle being away from you.  Now here we are, nearly three years later and we are turning the page for new adventures.  It's a little bittersweet for me to see you growing up so fast.

We love you so much and can't wait to see what the future holds for you!
Pin It

15 comments:

Penelope (NYC Blogger) said...

That is lovely :)

Blond Duck said...

Oh this is so precious!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful month! I bet he does get a red present.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Aw, he is going to do great at school!

jeands said...

as always, you letters to Nathan are precious. I bet he will do better in his school.

DGMommy Tamara said...

My little guy is starting preschool in January also. I have a post brewing in my head about it!
I found you by way of Take It Like a Mommy and am looking forward to reading more of your blog.

I'm from MI, my husband is French and we just moved to England, about an hour SE of London!

doseofreality said...

What a sweet, sweet letter! It's so bittersweet as they grow up! I will say that I laughed and laughed at the yellow snow. Even as he grows that will always remain a favorite! :)

Annmarie Pipa said...

what a lovely letter of love!

Alison said...

He's so grown up! It's wonderful to see how they're finally getting the magic of the season, yes?

Galit Breen said...

Ohmyheart, love this!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Turning the snow yellow? LOL, such a boy! :)

Christa aka The BabbyMama said...

I love watching my children grow, but they're doing it too darn fast! Enjoy the changes, I say! They're good :)

Natalie said...

Nathan seems like such a sweet boy! Love this letter :)

Adrienne said...

wow! He's really grown since the last time I stopped by! So handsome.

Emmy said...

Lol! Oh the things that only boys can do. Just hopefully he was taught not to eat the yellow snow :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...