April - June: my year in Review

I'm continuing my countdown of 2012 with a small recap of April - June.

In case you missed it, on Monday I did my recap of January - March - although I'm still very much in denial about it being nearly 2013.  I'm also in complete denial that Noah's first birthday is coming up next week, wasn't he just born?

April

April was actually a rough month for me.  After having stayed home for 16 weeks - my maternity leave was over and I had to go back to work.   To make the transition a little easier for me, Nathan decided this was the month he would officially potty train.  That was a great moment!

We also celebrated Easter, but because I was working I didn't have time to blog about it.


May

This month was busy around here!  Noah took his very first plane ride!


We started out taking a trip to Romania to visit my husband's family.  It was going well until my wedding ring fell down the sink.  Thank goodness for hotel maintenance.  

We also took some trips to the South of France, taking in the sights of Marseille and Sete!

June

June is always a great month!  It is anniversary month!  Cornel and I celebrated four years of marriage!

This month Nathan went on a business trip with his daddy!  It was the first time that he left somewhere without me, it was all bittersweet!

How was your year?

Linking up for the year in Review....


Pin It

24 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Wow you had a busy few months there. How cool that Noah had his first plane ride so early on! Happy 4 year anniversary! :-)

Nicole said...

Oh no, your ring fell down the drain. How sad is that!!?? I dropped one in a hotel toilet once. Gross! but we saved it! Luckily I was getting in the shower and I set it on the back of the toilet so there wasn't anything but toilet bowl fresh water in there :) Just so we're clear ;) And it's sad that work gets in the way of blogging sometimes :)

doseofreality said...

I love the year in review! Your children are absolutely adorable!!

The Red Humor said...

My husband lost his wedding ring in a waterfall this year. Very suspicious.... Jk :)

I love the year end in review. might not get to it though.

Xae said...

The pictures of your kids are adorable :)
Thank God you found your wedding ring. I lost my engagement ring on a beach and never found it :(

The Anecdotal Baby said...

An eventful last half year! And yes! Wasn't Noah just born? Crazy how fast the year goes.

DaniD said...

What great pictures and a great way to document your memories. I think I'm going to do a "2013 list" and write down all the things I want to get done next year. If I publish it, I feel like people will hold me accountable ;)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I remember those moments!

Hungrigyrl said...

I can't believe your baby is 1! Time flies. Thanks for sharing your recap!

Our Little Bubble said...

Glad you got your ring back, that would have been a big bummer!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Sounds like a good and busy time!

Kimberly said...

Very fun few months! We celebrated our 4th anniversary this year as well. Though sometimes it feels like much longer! ;)

Susan Liberatore said...

I remember when Nathan went away with your husband!
What a year you've had.

Sara Louise said...

Oh I remember the wedding ring down the sink debacle!
And it feels like only a month ago that I was reading about Nathan's business trip! Where has the time disappeared to??

Emmy said...

June is my anniversary month too :) I remember when Nathan went on that trip- a very bittersweet time for you. Love love that first picture of Nathan.

And so awesome that they actually give you some decent time for maternity leave.

Great recap once again.

Blond Duck said...

I'm terrified of taking a plane ride with a baby!

The Domestic Sweetheart said...

He is SO adorable!!

Kat Biggie said...

You were busy!! And your children are gorgeous!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Sounds like fun - your kids are getting their jetsetting habits in early ;)

Organized Island said...

Love your reacap. My year had ups and downs, but mostly ups. Hope you are having a great new year so far!

Blond Duck said...

I hope you had a great New Years!

Megan said...

Looks like it was a great year - I love the little snippets of each month!

Susan said...

Barb...I'm a little worried about you! Haven't "seen you around"...hope all is ok. Happy New Year! xoxo

Shellsea said...

16 weeks maternity leave is awesome. And cool that Nathan got to go on a business trip with his dad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...