Monday, already?

Are you all feeling the Monday blues?  I didn't even have a four day weekend and I'm still dragging today.

I hope all of your Thanksgiving celebrations were amazing and filled with lots of love.

Our Thanksgiving was very...what's the word, French.  We couldn't find a whole turkey so we ended up with a turkey roast.  I did make mashed potatoes and homemade stuffing.  I never did end up using my infamous celery root and it is still sitting on my counter.

Nathan didn't know what to do when he saw me setting up the table.  We usually eat in our kitchen nook.  He was so excited to get his own chair and plate setting.

We all donned homemade turkey crowns and enjoyed a delicious meal while Skyping with our respective families.  It was almost as if we were all together.  The magic of technology.

While we don't have "Black Friday", I did indulge in some on-line shopping - although it was mostly for the boys.

And now that Thanksgiving is officially out of the way, we can now talk about Christmas guilt-free.  Our house is decorated - the advent calendars are out and I have some MAJOR surprises in store!

I'm like a school girl with all of the things going on in the next couple of days!

How did you spend your weekend?



Pin It

14 comments:

Kate R said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely! I love the American timing where Christmas decorating and festivities start right after Thanksgiving. It starts at the beginning of December for us so a few more days for me. I just love this time of year! I turn into a little kid again :)

Jen said...

Love the turkey crown!! And let the countdown to Christmas begin! I love this time of year :)

Sara Louise said...

I wish I had made those hats for Thanksgiving! It is too cute!
And yep, now that Thanksgiving is over, it's perfectly acceptable to get our Christmas on! :)

jeands said...

love the turkey crown... good to know you still had an amazing thanksgiving no matter ho simple it is.

happy monday!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear about your surprises!!

Sounds like a good way to celebrate Thanksgiving in France :-)

Organized Island said...

Love the turkey crowns! I was so dragging on Monday but am better today. I am also so excited about the upcoming Christmas season. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I'm cracking up that the celery root remains unused! Isn't it fun to have the Christmas decor up? Mine is too! Glad your holidays were so wonderful!

Natalie said...

Wow you need to come decorate my house for Christmas...I have zero things out...way to go! :)

Cam | Bibs & Baubles said...

your babies look like twins. Noah looks so much like Nathan it's uncanny. Sounds like a pretty fab thanksgiving to me. The turkey crowns are too cute!

Emmy said...

One Thanksgiving we actually had a French meal-- with a crown roast of lamb, muscles, the courses- the works. It was actually pretty fun and yummy as my SIL is an amazing cook

Blond Duck said...

Oh my God that turkey hat is so cute!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

The turkey hat is too cute! We have our Christmas stuff out, but are nowhere near decorating. Plus we don't have that much stuff right now either.

Tanya said...

What an adorable little boy you have! I love the hat! Happy Sits day! It must be exciting living in France! Can't wait to hear more!

Heidi said...

Oh it sound so nice - we don't have Thanksgiving here in Denmark so I actually found Xmas things in the shops while shopping for my kid's first birthday back in the beginning of October!!! But I've refused to give in, untill now - got the homemade mulled wine ready and can't wait to start decorating Friday - so it's ready for December. Actually I'm missing my old blog at the moment due to Xmas - but haven't got the time for that too. Got a new job and starting to get in the goove after a 14 month long maternity leave (got 3 extra months).

But I'm "blogging" on instagram by the way as woolrocks ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...