Let's talk Christmas...

You were probably ready to click away as soon as you the title, right?  Who's ready to talk about Christmas when it's only mid-November?

Today though, I was feeling really uninspired and deflated.  Maybe it's the cold weather - or the fact that it's dark all the time now.  I get to work and it's dark and when I leave the office it's dark.  I feel like I haven't seen the sun in soooo long.  I exaggerate I know, but I was starting to get the winter blues.

After we got home, while we were getting the kids out of the car, Cornel told me to look up.

My spirits were immediately lifted.  While we had been gone the city had put up all of the Christmas lights and decorations.

There is something about Christmas lights that just makes my heart happy.

So while most of you are getting ready for Thanksgiving, we have skipped straight ahead to Christmas.

In celebration, the popcorn has been popped and the Christmas DVD's have been dusted and are ready to begin their annual circulation.
Old picture, but I love it!



Welcome to France!

Have you started getting ready for Christmas at all?
Pin It

13 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

We'll break out the decorations, dvds, and books after Thanksgiving. Pierce is eagerly awaiting the reappearance of our elf, Tulley.

Kate R said...

One thing I loved about living in the US was the clear marker that the Christmas season starts after thanksgiving. In Australia this year there was a Xmas section in the major dept stores at the end of August!! I'm excited to start our decorations/gift-making/baking/menu planning soon. I do love all that fun and am especially enjoying that it's happening in summer for me this year! I'm glad Cornel found a fun way to surprise you putting everything up :)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I'm ready too! I'm going to decorate the house this coming weekend. :)

Adrienne said...

My hubby is all about NOT starting Christmas until after Thanksgiving...which is so funny since we didn't even celebrate it for 12 years! So I'm patiently tapping my feet, and making everything thanksgingy...until I can break out the Christmas stuff. Christmas music reigns in my car, though! CD's are always there - year round!!

Sonya said...

I broke out my Christmas decorations this weekend. We don't have the tree up yet because my husband does it and he was doing yard work this weekend. I just love the look of Christmas lights at night in the house. It's so pretty and peaceful. We don't have Thanksgiving at our house so I can always decorate early AND I keep it all up until the MLK Jr. holiday:)

Natalie said...

Christmas can definitely lift you spirits!

April said...

I'm visiting from SITS! How exciting to be living in a place like France! What an adventure!

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeands said...

i love christmas, always my fave holiday. and us here in the philippines are know to celebrate christmas the longest. like after halloween you can already see christmas decorations everywhere and not to mention christmas sale almost all the malls! haha you gotta love christmas in the philippines.

alissa apel said...

I got a lot of my shopping done, so I'm ready! :)

http://theapels.blogspot.com/2012/11/arrowheads.html

Nieves said...

I love Christmas too and I am looking forward to it like children! Your photo is lovely, with you two. Kisses,

Sara Louise said...

I'm ready to talk Christmas! I'm shopping in Aix today for new decorations, I need those twinkling lights strung up pronto!

Emmy said...

Ah even in the states this year they seem to be skipping Thanksgiving. Christmas stuff up before Halloween. Black Fridays sales starting ON Thanksgiving. So yep happening here too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...