Karma

Do you remember how Nathan dressed up like a Pirate for Halloween?



I ended up buying this plastic sword to complete the outfit - and this is where my downfall began.

He was obsessed with this sword.  He would play with morning, noon and night.  He even asked to take it to school and asked to sleep with it.

Yeah - it was that serious.

Truth be told, I hated the plastic sword.

I was constantly yelling at Nathan to "be careful", "don't hit your brother with the sword" and my favorite, "take that sword out of your pants".

There is nothing more dangerous than a toddler with a pokey shiny object.

Today, with sword in hand, Nathan tripped and the tiny plastic sword cracked in half.

His face said it all - devastation, disappointment and sadness.  He looked up at me and just whispered, "it's broken".  Poor kid.

I went over to give him a hug, as I whispered a big "Thank you God" up to heavens.

While I showed concerned on the outside, inside I was ecstatic and smiling.

My contentment was short lived - because karma, is well karma.  I should have known better than to take pleasure in the pain of others.

Not five minutes after I had sat the depressed toddler on the couch to watch TV, that Noah yanked on the cable box and broke it.

Right in the middle of Nathan's favorite show.

Poor kid had a rough morning.

Linking up to Mama Kat's {something that made you smile}
Pin It

13 comments:

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Oh no! Poor Nathan. But I have to say, I'd probably be relieved to get rid of the sword too.

Gracie O'Tripp said...

Bless their little hearts. What joy...

Liene said...

"take that sword out of your pants"
Ha! Hilarious, thanks for the laugh. (And hugs to the boys)

Jessica said...

Awww....nothing like a boy and his sword! True love!!!

Newest follower!
Visiting from Mama Kat's!
~Jessica
takeitlikeamommy.blogspot.com

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

I think this happened because you wouldn't let him hit his brother with the sword. You're mean.

Adrienne said...

I thought this was going to end with a physically hurt kid...so, while I'm sorry you/he lost your cable box...I'm glad everyone's ok!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Aw, poor kid! We had a sword with the knight costume, but I confess I told Pierce it was only for use on Halloween ;-)

Six Feet Under Blog said...

I had the same situation with swords in the past. I hope tomorrow is better!

jeands said...

poor nathan, what a day for him. but i must say it's a relief the sword was broken.

Emmy said...

Oh no!! Poor thing. But yea so not a fan of toy swords, or bats or brooms or anything they can use to hit things :)

doseofreality said...

Great post! I can think of many times where I was sad on the outside but doing a total high five on the inside with the kids. This is a good reminder that we shouldn't let it get us TOO happy! ;) --Lisa

alissa apel said...

Awww! Yep I bought plastic swards as well. I have to say, even if they don't have things like that they turn stuff into swards. Hanger are swards at our house. I have to keep them hung up, or my kids will destroy something with them.

Corinna said...

I am going to have to remember that line: take that sword out of your pants! Classic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...