Friday...

On Friday, I've usually been sharing pictures from instagram, or my phone.  But when I sat down to write my post I realized I had taken zero pictures this week.  Not a one!

Could it be that this week my phone was permanently attached to my hand?  Say it isn't so!

Instead, I'm going to share these pictures that Cornel sent me by text.  He had taken these pictures this summer and just now found them on his phone, so it's almost like they're new.  Right?  The modern day equivalent of finding film in your camera.  And why is that only 3 months makes my boys look like they've aged 25 years?

This week I actually braved the world of the living after 8 pm - sans kids!  I seriously cannot remember the last time I went out without the boys.  We had a colleague that was in town from India and upset because he was missing Dawali - the Hindu New Year.  Being the awesome co-workers that we are, we all went out to dinner to celebrate.

There was also a moment where Cornel thought he was going to have to go on a business trip to Algeria. like the week before we left for vacation.  Things fell though and he will be sticking around.  I'm so grateful.

I spent every single night in the kitchen cooking dinner for everyone.  The only one who appreciated it was my husband - because the other two spent most of the time crying, spitting and throwing as if I had served them dog poo on a plate.  That's always the reaction I strive for.

We had the sword/cable situation going on.  Luckily we just had a loose wire caused by a toy being jammed in the back.  The problem is under control and I finally have t.v., again.  Not that it matters since most of the good shows are dubbed in French.

While on the subject, Noah is forcing me to baby proof this house on another level.  With Nathan the entire housw was both baby and adult proofed and the kid never touched a thing.  We Noah we went with the basics {outlet covers, etc} but this kid can yank on things from places I didn't even know he could reach.  I'm guessing it is only going to get progressively worse as he gets older.

Tomorrow I'm attending another pasty class.  I'm thinking about posting some of the recipes and techniques that I learn.  Would you all be interested in that?  Techniques and recipes from authentic pasty chefs and teachers?

How was your week?  Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Just one week left to vote for the Circle of Mom's Top 25 European bloggers!  Just click here to vote!
Pin It

10 comments:

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Yes I'd love recipes and tips! How fun. I took a cooking class last night. They're so much fun.

And the dinner thing? I spend a lot of time cooking too only for D to say "No. All done." before even taking a bite. Thanks, kid.

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Don't you love it when you slave over dinners and the wee ones decide they don't like it? I actually got two nights off this week! And date nights to boot... And yes, please post the recipes... so fun!

Christine said...

A pastry class sounds like so much fun!! And wait, people are out and about after 8pm?? I don't think that I've been outside after 8pm in ages! Have a great weekend.

Gracie O'Tripp said...

It sounds like little boys are a "special breed". My daughter had a sweet little girl and then had a boy. The girl is almost four and the boy is two. Oh my, How different the two babies are. Great story of your week.

Natalie said...

Yes please share! I wonder how my little one will be compared to Nolan...Nolan is pretty good about not getting into things...so I have a feeling the baby will give me a run for my money like Noah is doing :)

Chef by Default said...

I can relate to seeing them age 25 years in just 3 months!

Please do share your new found knowledge from pastry class. I've been having the urge to bake lately, so yes of course I'd be interested.

Hope you win top 25 :)

Susan said...

lol!
They're so gorgeous Barbara!
I just voted. You're so close to top 25.
What is your instagram name? I have to follow you...

Sara Louise said...

'dog poo on a plate' HA HA!
And yes, post some pastry recipe and show off your skills! :)

jeands said...

yes, i'd love to get those tips!

Emmy said...

Yes, yes please post the tips!! That would be awesome!! I hate hate making dinner when everyone just complains (well besides my husband) makes me just not want to cook.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...