Alhambra

One of Cornel's life long wishes was to visit Alhambra.  To be honest - I had never really heard of it and didn't really have an opinion on it whatsoever.

When we decided to go on vacation to the South of Spain one of Cornel's only requirements was to go and visit Alhambra.

Even after four years of living here I am still completely unprepared when it comes to vacations in Europe - especially during the summer.  I naively thought that we would have no problem showing up at Alhambra and buying tickets on the spot.  Other than booking a hotel the night before - I did absolutely nothing to prepare for our trip there.

When we showed up at our hotel and we asked the hotel desk how we go about buying tickets the girl looked absolutely shocked that we hadn't already reserved.  She then told us that the tickets for the next day were completely sold out.

Umm...panic started to set in.  Since we had only planned to spend one day there- Alhambra being sold out was not in our plans.

Not one to give up on his dream....Cornel spent all night in the hotel lobby with our Ipad trying to find tickets on the internet.  He came into the room a couple of hours later saying he had bought tickets and they would be delivered to the hotel the next day.  The whole thing screamed Scam - but how does the saying go, desperate times?

Well, the next day we got ready and headed down to the lobby - surprise, surprise no tickets.

Who could have predicted that?  Rather than playing the "I told you so" game, I urged Cornel to call the number on the website.  They told us that the courier had just left and would be at our hotel within the half hour.  Guess what, a guy actually showed up with tickets.

Lady Luck was on our side.

We made it in and had time to walk around the beautiful gardens before it was time for our Palace Tour.

This place was am.az.ing!  I can tell why this was  a dream for Cornel.  The colors, the views - it was like something out of a fairly tale.  Well, except for all of the tourists, scarce bathrooms and a potty trained toddler - but that is a post for another day.

We toured the Palace and we all had an amazing time.  This place even lets you borrow a Baby Bjorn for the little ones free of charge!  Take note - this is customer service at its finest!!

By late morning the Spanish sun started beating down on us and it was time to go.  The morning spent at Alhambra though will forever be one of our best family memories.
Pin It

12 comments:

doseofreality said...

Oh, it looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful memory you all made! (I'm so glad the tickets actually came!)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I am SO glad that ended up working out. What a particularly stunning place that is!

jeands said...

Alhambra is in my bucket list of places to go!!! very beautiful place and architecture. I wish to visit someday.

I'm glad things work out perfectly fine and you were able to get the tickets.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

When I ran the marathon at San Francisco, I was so bummed I couldn't get tickets to Alcatraz! I'm so glad he was able to visit the palace - it looks like a fantastic trip!

Quiana said...

That is fantastic that you got to go there and hooray for no internet scams! I love that touch of customer service too.

Susan Liberatore said...

It looks so gorgeous!

Blond Duck said...

I'm so glad you got to go!

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

It is such a beautiful place, so pleased those tickets turned up!

Bev Feldman said...

I visited the Alhambra when I studied abroad in Spain in college, it is amazing. Glad your trip worked out!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I am so glad you got to go! This sounds like an amazing place to visit. Your pictures are beautiful!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad it all worked out and you guys had a great time!

Emmy said...

Phew! So glad it wasn't a scam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...