A day at the beach...

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments on yesterday's post.  I can't tell you how much every single one of them meant to me.

The entire weekend wasn't lost because of the one bad night.  We really bounced back and tried to make the most of the great location and the amazing fall weather.

While in Montpellier, Cornel always wants to go to the beach.  It definitely wasn't swimming weather, but it was the perfect time to go and walk the pier.  If there is something my boy loves more than Pirates  it's boats.

We had a great lunch sitting outside in the sunshine.  This is something we haven't been able to do since August.  The weather in our area has been so incredibly crappy this year.  It seems like winter has lasted all year.

We then took the "digestive" walk along the beach.  Nathan looked for seashells to throw back into the water.

There is something so special about seeing a child explore nature and the world around him.  Everything is new and nothing is taken for granted.  I wish I could see life through his eyes more often.

I never thought that the sea in the fall could be so beautiful.

There was hardly a soul there, except for the surfers enjoying some great waves.

It almost seems like this is exactly the way a trip to the beach is supposed to be.

This was definitely one of the best trips we've had this fall.

What are some of your favorite fall destinations?

************************************************************************
Also on a completely unrelated note - I am nominated for Top 25 European blogger.  I would love your support.  If you don't mind clicking here and voting for me - I would love you forever!

I'm also linking this up at the Pleated Poppy




Pin It

17 comments:

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Glad you got to have some fun. I love the beach. I think I could go in any season.

P.S. LOVE your outfit.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

What a perfect beach moment. Plus you're stinkin' adorable!

Kate R said...

I'm too slow to comment on yesterday's post! But I am glad your trip bounced back :) This looks so lovely - I love the beach in cold weather, especially because there are fewer people than usual. Lovely feel :) Looks like Nathan enjoyed it too. And you look gorgeous!

Blond Duck said...

A beach day is always good.

About your post yesterday-- I don't have kids, but I've snapped at the Babies or Ben plenty of times and felt like a heel. It's not just you. You do so much, you can't expect to be perfect.

jeands said...

glad you guys had fun even after the incident and nathan is doing well.

Galit Breen said...

What a beautiful post, stunning pictures, and heart-full memory!

I love what you wrote about watching children explore nature - swoon - you're so very right!

Susan said...

Well, hello gorgeous! Love that last photo of you.
And I won't talk about how adorable Nathan looks in that scarf. I won't!

Voted! And I will every day. xo

Kristie said...

Checking out your blog from SITS. Love your outfit! Looks like a great trip to the beach. I think I'd rather visit a beach on a fall day rather than when it's super hot and crowded.

Nicole said...

Love the outfit. It looks like a peaceful walk at the beach. Stopping by from WIWW. I'm glad I did because I'm interested to follow along on your adventures!

Emmy said...

I voted! Congrats!! Glad the rest of your weekend was wonderful.
And yes, wouldn't life be so enjoyable to even have half of the amazement and joy that kids do. No wonder why they seem to have so much energy- everything is new and fun to them still.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

We love the beach in the fall! I am so glad the weekend turned around for you.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Oh! I saw you on the list earlier and voted for you.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That looks fun (but chilly). Cute outfit!

Object of Maya*ffection said...

Your lil guy looks ADORBS! I LOVE his lil scarf

Adrienne said...

These are beautiful shots - you look so pretty! I visited the beach just a bit north from here a few weekends ago...and I've decided I love the beach in the fall!!

Jen said...

Gorgeous pictures, and gorgeous YOU!! You look amazing, girl! :)

Stasha said...

o love beaches in cold weather. I love your outfit. I love the fact that you had a good time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...