Week-end already?

Is it Friday again?  Already.  This week just flew by, which is quite a change from some of the other weeks we've been having.

Things around here seem to be on the mend.  Noah is finally starting to feel better (I hope I didn't just jinx myself) and the weather has been mild.  Hello October!

Last week there were tons of cute tiny old French cars roaming around the city.  One was even parked in front of our house.  Nathan loved them all and kept wanting to go up and touch them - and of course take pictures with them.
When it is warm out - I always get this uncontrollable urge to shop.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Just me?  I really wanted to update my fall wardrobe so I dragged the fam with me to Galleries Lafayette (the equivalent of Macy's).  Even though I didn't end up buying a single thing, the boys had fun enjoying the view.

I finally realized one of my main goals in France - a baking class.  I learned to make all sorts of yummy things from scratch.  Things like croissants, pain au chocolate and brioche.  It's okay to be jealous.

The problem is that now I've been bitten by the cooking/baking bug andI've signed myself up for some other classes.  Maybe I can turn this into a future career?  Stay tuned for more...


I also made a trip up to Lyon this week! I had a friend that was in town from the US with her husband and I couldn't resist to making the trip. I mean come on - it's the big city out there. There was some yummy dinner and some even yummier wine. Although after getting to bed at nearly 2 and suffering nearly all week I came to the realization that I'm completely old.  Ah, but it was Lyon...


There was lots of brotherly love this week.  Which always melts my heart.  It is crazy how much they love each other.  This is more than I ever hoped for them.

And because France is France - the weather turned from one day to another and the hats came back out!  I can't complain too much though.  It was an amazing week!

Linking up with Life Rearranged



Pin It

15 comments:

Emmy said...

Those old cars are cool- my kids would love those. And oh I am so jealous of your baking class- I am not much of a baker.

So glad everyone is doing better.

morethanjustdessert said...

Your baked goods look AWESOME!

Liene said...

That photo of Lyon might just be my favorite Lyon picture ever! Beautiful!

Dawn said...

Great pics!! Love them! :) How do you like France?

The Anecdotal Baby said...

I am totally with you on the shopping! Going tomorrow actually... And you're not alone on the weather changes. It's been beyond beautiful in So Cal, but I guess we're expecting nearly 90ยบ again in the coming week, ugh. Love your little GQ posing with the cars... to cute!

Kim said...

That urge to shop? I have it all the time regardless of weather.

jeands said...

Now I'm even more jealous, you living in france and taking up those baking classes!

Blond Duck said...

Just have fun with the baking! I always want to turn new passions into careers too, but just have fun with it!

Quiana said...

Sounds like you had a fab time! That baking class sounds divine. Now if there was a way to taste the samples. . .

Natalie said...

Those cars are super cool...and you bake extras and send them to me! Yes when it's warm I want to shop too!

Deidre said...

I am so jealous!! Can you post recipes from your cooking adventures? I'd love to learn how to cook french pastries.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

The view there is so beautiful, and it makes me want to take another trip over. It's been a long time.

This new culinary adventure is going to be a blast!

jesterqueen said...

Oh how I YEARN to visit France! Thanks for dropping by on my SITS day!!

Sara Louise said...

And I bet you popped into Starbucks when you were in Lyon, didn't you?! :)

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

I would've loved that baking class!! SO fun.

And the view from the Galleries--I remember that!! I think I bought a scarf there. Which I still own and love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...