Viva Espana

Today it was -4 degree Celsius {aka as freaking cold}!

We had to pull out the down jackets and bundle up the boys before heading out this morning.  We definitely were not prepared for the weather to be this cold this soon.

It is crazy to think that less than two months ago we were baking underneath the sun in Spain.

Ah, now I feel better.

I just realized that I never wrote about our summer vacation.  Well, the beginning of winter is a good a time as any, right?

We are lucky that we have amazing friends scattered throughout Spain - friends that we never go and visit.  We stopped our procrastination and decided to go and visit everyone this summer.

Our trip started off in Cartagena in the port city of Cartagena. We have a great friend from there and she showed us incredible hospitality.  There were amazing home made dinners, walks down the port and lots and lots of sightseeing.

Did I mention the food?  We had paella, morcilla, jamon and lots and lots of tapas.  I adore Spain!

It was the perfect city for the boys.  It was filled with ships and fortresses - castles and ruins.

In between all of the sightseeing there were trips to the Sea side.  The water was warm and beautiful.  You could see the fish swimming at your feet, which Nathan loved.

But we couldn't just lounge around the beach all week and we had to kiss Cartagena goodbye.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods.  Has winter come to visit yet?  Hopefully all of you on the East Coast are staying safe.  This hurricane is insane!



Pin It

13 comments:

anotherjennifer said...

Great pics! It's really, really windy out right now. And rainy. We're not getting a direct hit from Sandy, but we're definitely feeling the effects. Hoping our electricity stays on over the next 24 hours!

Sarah Kate {Dixie Creek Farm} said...

-4??! That is ridiculous! I thought it was cold here, but we aren't that bad off yet.

I'm so jealous of your trip to Spain! I would love to go visit. The food, the sight-seeing, all of it! One day! :o)

jeands said...

spain?! wow!!! love the pictures and can't wait to see more. apparently, we don't have winter here in my neck of the woods so it's been hot, hot, hot here. are you jealous too? hahaha

homejobsbymom said...

I'd love to visit spain someday. Actually I'd love to go most places that way. Maybe one day. It's too expensive right now. I'm glad you guys had a nice trip

Amanda said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! It's getting chilly and dark and rainy here in Vancouver, too, and it's depressing. I may have to go back through my summer pictures and reminisce, too!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Great pics! Very windy, very cold here! Snow flurries, but not enough to stick.

Susan Liberatore said...

Dying to see Spain!

Nieves said...

I didn't know you were in Spain last summer Barbara! In fact, I missed it because I took a gap summer vacation jejeje... But I am glad you had such a nice time in Cartagena, it is so nice to see your summer pics. But it is really amazing to think that just two years ago I was in the beach in the east coast in Spain even having a bath and today I am in Madrid with coat, gloves and scarf! brrrrrrr.....

Emmy said...

We keep getting some cooler days- but yea in SoCal we never have much of a winter :)

So awesome that you were able to go and visit so many friends over the summer

Natalie said...

Ugh I wanted fall but I feel that we went straight from summer to winter! Love all these photos!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Wow, what a great vacation!

We had a few cold days but tomorrow it's back in the 80s!

Leslie said...

The husband and I have talked about going back to visit Spain after we visited Barcelona (which we LOVED, btw). Looks like you and your family had a lot of fun!

Kim said...

It's freezing here today too. How lovely to have friends in Spain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...