This month will mark the 4 1/2 year mark since I made the big move to France.
It's funny because now my life is clearly divided into before France and after France - there is no in-between. I never could have imagined how much my life would change just by deciding to live an adventure abroad - how much I would change.
* Home was always where my parents were. No matter how much I travelled or moved - I thought I had a concept of home.
* I considered any restaurant where I could order a salmon steak fancy.
* I had no idea that good wine didn't have to cost a fortune.
* I could go from a late night with friends to the airport/to the office without even feeling tired.
* I took for granted all of the advantages of living in the United States.
* I have experienced more languages and cultures than I could have ever imagined - friends come in every size, shape and color.
* I have learned that home is not only wherever my children and husband are, but that we don't need thousands of square feet to live comfortably.
* There is a joy in trying something you have never tried before.
* Intelligence doesn't just come from books and that knowing multiple languages opens up a world of possibilities.
* A country that is not my own will forever be home to my children and that they will carry a rich culture, not in their blood but in their hearts.