Noah is 10 Months



Noah you are ten months now!  This is all craziness to me.  You are growing up way too fast.

This has been a very hard month for us.  Your bronchitis was back in full force and we had to take you back to the respiratory therapist for more sessions.  You still handle them like a champ, but I will be so grateful when we can finally stop going.

Both the doctor and the therapist told us that the big source of our problems was teething.  Instead of getting a few teeth a month you decided to get six all at once and at 10 months.  This has made you super cranky.  The good news is that two have broken through!  You are no longer toothless!

This teething adventure has also led to you refusing to drink your bottle {or take liquids from any sort of sippy cup or other baby safe drinking apparatus}.  Since I stopped nursing you - this has proven to be problematic.  You have no problem drinking liquids when it is giving to you in a cup that you can then proceed to lap up with your tongue.  This, however, cannot be the most effective method.  I'm hoping once these final teeth pop through we can get back to normal.

Your eating habits have also been affected.  You are through with the purees and you decide to spit them out as soon as they hit your tongue.  To add insult to injury you make gagging noises as if I was feeding your something rotten.  What you do love to eat is the food off everyone else's plate.  You devour your brother's dinner when he isn't looking and will beg for the food off our plates.  I guess we have moved passed the purees and proceeded into full fledged dinners?

This month hasn't been all bad though - and there have been plenty of laughs and giggles along the way.  You can maneouver your way around the entire house now and have figured out the ways to cause the most trouble in the minimal amount of time.  You love to pull on any clothes that we happen to have out and throw them all on the floor - this can be a small problem since we don't have a clothes dryer and usually lay out our clothes to dry.

You also love to make a mad dash for your brother's easel.  You love to get a hold of his crayons - although most of the time it is to taste them as opposed to draw with.

You are still not walking, but I think because you can get to places faster by crawling.

You are saying more and more "words" and this month you finally started calling me "mama".  It breaks my heart to admit it though, but your preferred word is "dada" and you say it all.the.time!

It is unbelievable to think that in two months you will be one year old!  This has all gone way too fast.

Stop by my FB Page to see Nathan vs. Noah at 10 months.  You'll have to tell me if you think they look the same.
Pin It

19 comments:

Ugochi said...

They are lovely and they sure look the same to me. I felt the same way when my boys were growing too, too fast...We just have to really enjoy every moment and make as many memories possible. Please give them huge bear hugs for me. Congratulations Noah!

Ugochi said...

They are lovely and they sure look the same to me. I felt the same way when my boys were growing too, too fast...We just have to really enjoy every moment and make as many memories possible. Please give them huge bear hugs for me. Congratulations Noah!

Tina said...

Awww! What a cutie! I love this age. Hope the teething troubles are behind you - that's a lot of teeth to pop up all at once!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Donut said "dada" for MONTHS before she even bothered to try saying mama. Of course now it's all "mama, mama, mamamamamamamamama" all day long now!

Oh and I hope he gets some relief from the teething pain soon. Poor baby. Poor mama!

Blond Duck said...

Congrats! He's so cute!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

LOL that he prefers table food to baby food!

Kiddothings said...

Oh wow, how time flies. He's just 2 months away from turning one and I thought I just read about him being born! He's a cutie pie! :)

Galit Breen said...

Happy 10 month to your sweet-as-pie babe! :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

When I saw the FB pic, I thought you could definitely tell they're brothers!

I hope his teething situation relents soon so he can eat/drink more happily! I would often give mine ice cubes in those mesh baby feeders when they got bad - sometimes it seemed that was the only thing that soothed them.

Colleen said...

I am so sorry about his teething situation! How hard for everyone!:( But my goodness, my heart just skipped a beat when I saw his picture, he is so darn adorable!! :)

Our Little Bubble said...

10 months... can you believe these babies are getting so big so fast?!? :)

Shell said...

How is he already 10 months???? Time really does fly.

jeands said...

wow, that's a lot of teeth to pop out at once. I hope it will be over soon. I aways love this age and sure thing they are growing too fast.

Sarah Kate {Dixie Creek Farm} said...

How adorable is he? I'm sorry he's been sick so much. I can't imagine having to feed a baby by having him lap up the milk from a cup. That must be terribly frustrating, for you and him!

You know, I think dada is just much easier to say than mama - that's the only reason why they say it more. ;o)

Natalie said...

I cannot believe he is about to be one!!! That is crazy talk! And what a handsome boy he is...so sad that he got bronchitis...poor boy! Teething is no fun and hope it ends soon!

Domestic Sweetheart said...

Great blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)
xo
www.domesticsweetheart.com

Annmarie Pipa said...

happy 10 months. time does fly when they are so little. i can barely remember my kids that age. you will be happy you have the pictures to help you remember!

Jen said...

Holy cow...how did he get to be 10 months old already!!! He is getting so big! And poor baby with the bronchitis. It's so hard when they're sick.
xo

another jennifer said...

It's so hard when they are teething. My oldest got his first teeth when he was 4 months old. We didn't even realize he was teething at first!

Thanks for visiting my blog on my SITS Day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...