Joyeuse Halloween

Most kids today in the US will probably celebrate Halloween today in one way or another.  Maybe they'll get to wear a cute costume to school or even go trick or treating tonight.  Here in France though, it is just another day.

Other than our celebration a couple of weeks ago, this holiday will go unnoticed here. 

The supermarkets aren't overloaded with carving pumpkins (or any other kind really).

There aren't aisles and aisles of bite sized candy in decorative orange and black.

No aisles of costumes and masks lining every store you go into.

My boys have never experienced anything like this.

Nathan has been constantly saying "trick or treat".  He also keeps asking about the "party at the park", the one with the chocolates.  This is what he will remember about Halloween.

Instead of letting this depress me, as it has in the past, I decided to embrace this holiday in my own small way.


My very own Charlie Brown and his pumpkin.

Welcome to France - and Happy Halloween!  
Pin It

10 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh I DO understand. I also miss that William won't have any experience with real Halloween unless we happen to be home in Canada at that time of year. It simply isn't the same here at all, although they try a bit. But mostly they aren't really sure what Halloween is since it just isn't in their culture or tradition at all. So you have an occasional reference to it but nothing like at home.:) Hoping your day is happy! Those boys are both super handsome by the way!:)

Corinna said...

Following you from Pour Your Heart Out!

Emmy said...

Awe! Cute little Charlie Brown and pumpkin. And yes- be glad that you won't have two kids hyped up on sugar for the next several weeks :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love their shirts! I guess it's good they don't really know what they're missing.

Helene said...

Awwww, such a cute Charlie Brown and his pumpkin!

The baby is getting SO big!!!!

Heather said...

Oh I think that would be the hardest thing for me. So many good things about the opportunity to live overseas (as I scroll down and see your pictures of summer vacation in Spain :) ), but yes I would miss those American traditions.

Shell said...

They look so cute! No trick or treating, but at least you found a way to celebrate!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

They are adorable! I love their shirts.

Sara Louise said...

That Charlie Brown t-shirt is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I would love to get one (or a Lucy one) for my niece :)

Kim said...

Seriously, I could do without the candy of Halloween. It rained and I was fighting with the kids to stay out and trick or treat. They were ready to come home after the first few houses. Adorable picture of those two.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...