Friday

Can I just come out and say how incredibly, ridiculously happy I am that it's Friday?
My husband set up this reminder on my phone.  Cute, no?

You too?

These past couple of weeks have been trying at best and I am finally starting to feel that sense of normalcy.  Sometimes I wonder if it is because things are starting to settle down or if because I am finally getting used to this new sense of chaos.

Noah has started feeling better and he's been fever free all week (as I knock on wood).  He has been off the antibiotic for a couple of days but I think it will take months to recover from the effects.  He has somehow morphed into a tiny tyrant ruling the house with an iron fist.  Well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but boy is he stubborn.  Since last Friday he has been refusing the bottle - refusing any type of liquid hydration system really.  We've tried it all short of an IV.  He doesn't seem bothered by it at all so I don't know why it eats at me like it does.  Le Sigh.  He is still doing his chest therapy and it seems to be working.


It has also been freakishly cold here in the mornings.  The afternoons are warming up but it usually means we leave the house looking like this.  Cute, no?  I'll admit that I might have gone overboard with the hat - but I just couldn't help myself.

There was some sort of hubbub going on in my office the other day.  There were cameras and crews filming this guy.  I have no clue who he is, but he must be important.

Also, Otilia wrote a beautiful post over at Romanian Mum with the question "what do I want?".

I want serenity.  Serenity in the form of a beautiful sunny weekend where I can enjoy my delicious coffee and pain au chocolate outdoors.  Is that too much to ask?

What about you?  What do you want?


Linking up for InstaFriday
Pin It

21 comments:

Are We There Yet! said...

Your kids are ADOREABLE!!! I love the hat. Did you make it?

I don't drink coffee, but love to sit outside with a cup of tea in hand enjoying life, ..... cold here in the mornings too.

Hena Tayeb said...

He looks so cute all bundled up. I hoping for some serenity too.. relax and unwind over the weekend..

jeands said...

I want to have 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep. btw, he look so adorable and painfully cute all bundled up. and hope the little one gets better and better soon.

happy weekend!

Liene said...

I'm with jeands... uninterrupted sleep please!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

It must be cooler there than here, we definitely haven't gotten out hats yet. The pics are soooo cute! :-)

Bonhomie said...

Peace is my desire at the moment. So much going on!! Noah is also the name of my godson! Love that name :-) And your boys are gorgeous!

Have a great weekend!

Emmy said...

Yes my husband keeps asking me what I want for my upcoming birthday and a weekend or even a day away does sound kind of heavenly-- but we have soccer every weekend so yea not going to happen.

Glad the fever is finally gone. And yes very cute all geared up for the cold but makes me feel cold just looking at it!

Natalie said...

I want to be able to enjoy a full cup of coffee..maybe even two in piece and quiet or reading my Kindle. Hope you have a fantastic weekend with the sick free kiddos :)

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Awe, happy Friday! I think I'm getting what I want (need) for our anniversary weekend. A few days of relaxation with just the hubs. I lalalove my baby girl, but as a stay-at-home mom I need a little break too! Looking forward to a few days at the pool, floating a lazy river and enjoying some wine and cheese! Have a great weekend!

Quiana said...

Nathan all bundled up is too too adorable!

otilia stocks said...

Happy Friday too! Although its Saturday already ;)
Your pics ate beautiful!
Serenity! You put that very well!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I hope you have peaceful weekend! It is so time you got to have one.

Katherine C said...

beautiful children. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs

Jessica said...

Hope you are relaxing and enjoying the weekend as I type this.

Sara Louise said...

I want to be able to get my house to finally look how I want, and after to sit on my couch with a (large) glass of wine and admire it.
I hope your weekend was at least a little bit tranquil :)

Blond Duck said...

I want some pie. :) It's finally cool here!

Jessica said...

You can never go overboard with little kids and hats. They are just too cute together.

Hello! I'm Kate. said...

Ahh, the hats are so great! Your boys are so cute!

I want to be well & not sick, so I can clean, yes clean, my house. And I miss running, I'm ready to be able to run again!

My curiosity has me wondering just who that guy was?!

Susan said...

I want exactly what you want! Meet you in Paris!!!!

Kim said...

I do think the chaos of having two under two takes a while to get used to. Then the line blurs. Am I just as nutty as my household or am I just good at navigating it?

labergerebasque said...

Whew…your boys are growing so fast! I have not had much free time this past summer so I thought I would catch up with my blogs today as it is raining non-stop.
What I want more than anything is continued good health for the Sheepfarmer and to somehow, someway, someday restore this farmhouse :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...