Dear Nathan



Dear Nathan,

This month I looked at you in complete awe.  There were times when I would have to remind myself that you are only 2 (almost 3!).  Sometimes you speak like such an adult and it blows my mind.  In fact you love to talk and you talk all of the time.  We are at the stage where you are questioning everything and anything.  It would be annoying if it wasn't so darn cute.

You still love to read and you beg us to read you a story every night (although now you've come to understand bargaining so sometimes you try to weasel in two or three extra stories).

You are so incredibly sweet and well-mannered (for a two year old).  Your heart is so full of love and it makes us so incredibly proud.  You are constantly helping with your little brother and you share everything you can with him (even if you are hesitant at times).

Your language skills are amazing and you are picking up more and more vocabulary both in English and in French.  Sometimes you get them mixed up but it is adorable.  We've even kept some of these "Nathanisms".  Your teachers at daycare are constantly going around asking "What you fait?"  It seems that you have rubbed off even on them.

Speaking of which, you have now become the "big man on campus".  A daycare campus but campus none the less.  All of the kids greet you by name when you enter even if they are not in your class.  I take that as a sign that you are a joy to be around even when you are not with us.

You are a complete cheeseball and you completely know it.  Who knows where you got your sense of humor but you love to laugh and be silly.  I hope you never lose this ability to laugh at life and to sometimes laugh at yourself.  It will come in handy.

You also love to pose for pictures.  You know when it is all about you and you soak up every second of it.

You are turning into such an incredible young man and we are so blessed to be your parents.

I can hardly believe that you will be 3 next month.  Please don't ever stop being my "baby", ok?



Coincidentally, this is my 500th published posts. I never thought I would get here when I started blogging four years ago. Wowza!
Pin It

23 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on your 500th post and on raising such a sweet, inquisitive, communicative young man!

Are We There Yet! said...

Whoooo Hoooooo..... Congratulations on 500 posts.

Nathan is so adoreable. LOL.. I love the way he is leaning against the car.

Natalie said...

Awww he is such a sweetheart! I love to hear that he's the big man on campus!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

He is just so cute - and he sounds like a joy to know too :-)

Liene said...

Wow, 500 posts! Congratulations on the milestones, to both of you!

Deidre said...

Aw what a cutie! And congratulations on your 500th post!

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Awe, time goes by so fast, doesn't it? He's such a doll!

Kimberly said...

He sounds like such a sweet boy! And congrats on 500!

Colleen @ MommieDaze said...

They grow up so fast! Sometimes I look at my kids and think, "How did we get here already?"

Emmy said...

Awe he sounds so completely adorable and wonderful. So nice that the other kids like him that really is a great thing. Love love that first picture with the words- looks adorable.

Blond Duck said...

So cute! He's obviously a charmer!

Kim said...

Happy 500!

tracy@sellabitmum said...

500 - congrats! He is adorable. xo

Kristin @ What She Said said...

How sweet. My daughter will be three in December and she shares many of the traits you describe in your son. This age may be challenging at times, but it sure is fun!

Jen said...

Oh, I just LOVE that last picture. And almost 3?! Time flies.
Love your tribute to your sweet boy :)

Julia said...

Yes this! My little guy just turned 3...please don't let them stop being babies. Congrats on your 500th post!

Alison said...

Nathan, you're so adorable! My little boy loves chocolate too :)

500 posts is incredible!

Galit Breen said...

4 years, 500 posts, and a swoon-worthy love letter to your sweet boy? I call this one a total & complete win! Love!

Mercy Langille said...

Aww...he's adorable.

Kim@Co-Pilot Mom said...

What a lovely photo and letter. I always tell my little guys that no matter how big they get, they will always be my babies. :)

Congratulations on 500 posts!

Jester Queen said...

Love your adorable little guy!! I'm glad he has such a proud Mommy.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Love the picture of him posing by the car! I love a good pose! He sounds like a wonderful 'lil guy and what a lovely letter he will have to read from his mama when he's older. (Visiting from #memoriescaptured)

Maureen | Scoops of Joy said...

He's so adorable and your words...beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...