Bon Week-end

Things have been hectic around here to say the least - not bad hectic just hectic.  This Friday completely snuck up on me.

Truth be told I am crazy excited for this weekend because it is the big - Fete d'Halloween {Halloween Party}!  What started out as an event between a couple American families has completely exploded and now there are over 35 international families coming.  Who knew there were so many of us here missing this holiday?

Since it isn't a traditional holiday though, costumes are hard to come by and so we've had to make due with recycling (second baby syndrome).  Luckily American Grandma came through with an awesome care package with costumes.  Score!



As soon as it came we did a costume parade.  The kids were loving it!  We also found a pair of antlers left over from Christmas last year - just like retail America we are now getting into the Holiday spirit in mid-October.

Monday, was the big strike at the daycare.  The boys played together while I worked from home.  When the mom guilt started setting in about ignoring them all day - I decided to break out the aprons and bake!  It was some great quality time and Nathan is truly an amazing helper.  He makes a better taster - but he does help occasionally.



It was good practice since Wednesday Nathan had a field trip at daycare to a working flour mill.  He loved it and came home with a loaf of bread he had made himself.  He was so proud - and surprisingly enough it came out pretty good.

In other, less exciting news, we got new windows installed and now our fridge doesn't fit.  For the moment it is hanging out in the middle of the kitchen.  It doesn't bother me as it much it should, I guess the windows are working their magic on me.

How was your week?  Any big plans for the weekend?

Linking up with Life Rearranged
Pin It

13 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, I miss Halloween, too! Your kiddos look adorable in their costumes!

SouthMainMuse said...

How fun re Halloween party. I just remembered last night to order the costumes. When my oldest (a freshman in college) was little I made all these wonderful costumes. Now not so much. And my younger ones don't appreciate the "mama-sewn" look anyhow. I've been cleaning out the attic with help most of the week. Stuff piles up after 10 years. I'm afraid I need to start some assignments this weekend but for the most part I just want to relax and enjoy this lull before the craziness starts.

Colleen said...

The Halloween party sounds so fun! I also miss the atmosphere of crisp cold, innocently spooky North American Halloween. How cool that you have such a lovely large group to meet with!:) Have a lovely weekend!

Lisa Nolan said...

That is right! Few countries celebrate Halloween! And it's great that grandma sent a 'costume care package'! (Love the pictures!) When I was in Europe in my 20s (ages ago) we went to an American military bar/club/pub to celebrate Halloween. (I was single LOL.)

OK, now I am off to the store to buy... ice cream sandwiches! My hubby and son will be so pleased!

Kimberly said...

The Halloween party sounds fun! Enjoy it!

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Have an amazing time! Can't wait to hear all about it. We're heading to the pumpkin patch Sunday and more decorating will commence... our party is next Saturday so I'm getting pretty excited!

Deidre said...

Aw, I remember baking with my older brother when i was little - I'm sure I was better taste tester than helper too. But still the memories are good ones!

Annmarie Pipa said...

halloween is fun for kids...and for adults too! love your photos! I would love to be at an international Halloween party!!
happy weekend.

Emmy said...

How fun to have a Halloween celebration with so many friends. That is an awesome tradition you started there.

And yes- it is crazy how soon Christmas stuff comes out- quite annoying actually.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh fun! I confess to loving getting my boys in costume :-)

Natalie said...

Halloween is so fun...glad you still have fun with it in France! And so sorry that your fridge didn't fit :(

Katherines Corner said...

Wonderful post! Love the photos. The weekend went by quickly but we did take a lovely drive and spent some time in our favorite mountainside park with our sweet puppy. xo

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The trip to the flour mills sounds great! I love that he made his own bread! The party sounds wonderful too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...