WTF Wednesday...the drink edition

It's confession time.  I am addicted to Diet Coke.  I am also one of these people that will order the water when my only choice is Diet Pepsi.  They are not the same thing.  My co-workers never miss an opportunity to make fun of me every time the hear the classic opening of the can.  "Tres Americaine"

In France my Coke is fancy schmancy. She prefers to go by the name Coca-Cola rather than Coke because it sounds so je ne sais pas - sophisticated.

Also, please don't refer to my Coca-Cola as Diet.  How insulting.  Here she prefers to be referred to as Light.


All of this sophistication comes at a price though.  In my office this lovely costs me 80 centimes (over a $1.00).  If you order here on a lovely terrace at a cafe - she can cost you over 2 euros ($2.50).

But she's well worth it.  Welcome to France.

If you are curious about anything here in France, stop by my FB page and leave me a comment.  I will try to answer in a future Welcome to France (WTF) post.

Pin It

10 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh cute. I love Diet Pepsi. But I will drink Diet Coke over water ;-)

Adrienne said...

I may have told you this before, but when we moved to France in January of '88 THERE WAS NO DIET COKE!!! Or any diet drinks cause aspartame hadn't been approved yet....hmmm... But I loved ordering "coca light" my "vin americain prefere!" And, I'm with you on the whole diet pepsi thing. There's a funny joke I saw on Pinterest...I'll try to find it and pin it!

Natalie said...

Ha ha I'm addicted to coke! Do you think diet coke tastes different in France than the US? I remember when I was Europe I thought they tasted different.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I remember there being Coke Light in Morocco. I don't really like light sodas, but I had to stay away from the water.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I am Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi every single day of the week!

Sara Louise said...

My mother-in-law always has cans of coca-cola light in her fridge, and sometimes I pop over just so I can steal one :)

Emmy said...

Love it! Love how your coworkers always comment too. Too funny

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Currently I'm obsessed with ginger ale!!!

Susan said...

I thought WTF stood for something else! LOL.
So...as you know, my brother and SIL were in France this summer. They were meeting friends near Laduree (the one that was closed?) and stopped to sit and wait for them. She ordered a diet coke and it was 11 euros! Can you say tourist trap?
Please know that I am also addicted.

Kim said...

I think light makes it sound more enticing too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...