Montpellier

My husband's favorite city in France is Montpellier.

There was actually a time at the beginning when we were going almost every other weekend.  This is quite a feat considering that we live almost 3 1/2 hours away.

While we were in Sete, Cornel couldn't resist being so close to Montpellier and not stopping by.

I was less than thrilled.  We had a long drive back home and a detour was not in my plans.

The thing about Cornel is that he rarely ever complains when I want to go somewhere so I had to take one for the team and go to Montpellier.

I have to admit that the town and the surrounding area is beautiful.  The beach is nearby and the town itself is the perfect mix of old and modern.

I was kind of sentimental and wanted to share the places Cornel and I loved so much with our boys.




The wind was cold and the water was rough, but this didn't stop Nathan from enjoying the Mediterranean.  I imagine this is what pure joy feels like in life.

Little did Nathan realize that the day was not over.  We decided to indulge his obsession and take him to a Pirate Restaurant.

Nathan loved every single minute of it.

We ended our wonderful afternoon with a trip to the Aquarium right across from the Pirates.  Both Nathan and Noah loved staring at the fish (what is it with fish?).

We ended up getting home much later than I thought we would but it was all well worth it.

Sometimes the detours make the most memories.

Do you have any memorable detours?

Stop by my FB page to see how France remembers today...
Pin It

7 comments:

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

When my sister, my mom and I went on a road trip from South to North after my dad died, we made it our mission to stop at every ridiculous landmark we saw just so that we could take a picture with our mom. Those memories are some of my favorites ever. It had only been 2 months since he passed, but the silliness and spontaneity were so healing. :)

PS. Aquariums are sooooo relaxing. Love 'em!

Adrienne said...

Pure joy - love that! Your kids are just beautiful and...just.keep.growing! Sorry I haven't been checking in as often - work has been insane, and there just seems to be a lot going on since we traveled this summer. I'm not great at detours {as I said in today's post, not the most spontaneous!} But this is a GREAT reminder of the beauty that comes in unexpected places!

Sara Louise said...

I had no idea that there was a Pirate restaurant in Montpellier! And I have no clue as to why I'm so excited about that but I am! I'm totally going!! :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That pirate restaurant looks awesome!

Blond Duck said...

I want to go to a pirate restaurant!

Emmy said...

My husband has never been really willing to detour- so sadly no. That sounds like it was definitely worth it. The pirate restaurant sounds fun!

Kim said...

THe pirate restaurant would have been a huge hit with us too! There is a restaurant we go to here that has large coi in tanks in the walls and my boys can't get enough of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...