Dear Nathan




Dear Nathan,


You have been a handful this month.  I know they say that the two's are terrible, but you seem to be proving that three is the new two.

I have to admit to you though, that we have had a rough month.  Your dad was traveling  almost half of the month which left you to be the man of the house.  You did help our around the house by putting your toys away when asked and going to bed without a fight.  For that, I am eternally grateful.

You loved the trip to Spain and came back speaking more Spanish than when we left.  You loved to shout "Viva Espana!" which definitely amused everyone.  You ate so many different foods and you never complained.  I would have never imagined you eating all of the different variety of tapas that you did.

You swam in the sea for the second time in your life.  At first you weren't impressed.  In fact, you hated every second of it.  You cried and couldn't wait to get out of the water.  The water was cold and the sea was rough, so I can see why you didn't love it at first.  When we changed beaches and took you to the "Mar Menor" you were in love.  The water was warm, the sea was calm and the water was so clear that you could see the fish swimming.  You even caught a few in your tiny net before setting them free.

You tried ice cream for the first time this summer and loved it.  I don't know why it took us long to give you some, but something tells me you will ask for it again.

You still love exploring your world and are fascinated by all things science.  We love taking you to science museums and letting you explore.

You are still fascinated with pirates and we can now add dinosaurs to the list.  Your daddy brought you a book all about dinosaurs from the US and you love to take it everywhere.


You are now the oldest in your class at school, which is so strange for me to see.  It seems like just a few months ago we dropped you off in the baby corner.

You are growing up into an amazing young boy and I'm so proud to call you mine.
Pin It

12 comments:

Emmy said...

I hate to tell you this since you are in it- but for my kids three was way worse than two. So yea, good luck :)

So glad he had fun swimming the second time, that sounds like an amazing spot to swim. How many languages does he speak now? Is it up to 4?

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Sounds like he's really changing from day to day, week to week now!

Mark said...

Now Spain? Boy that kid gets around!
m.

jeands said...

they grow up too fast, don't you think. He really looks a big boy in these photos. And girl, this boy is already a jet setter at the age of 3!

Blond Duck said...

This is so cute! :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I prefer age 2 over age 3. Age 3 is definitely harder.

Yay for dinosaurs!!

SouthMainMuse said...

I remember my oldest at 2 being on the beach. "Up, up." He would say with his arms reaching skyward. No building sandcastles by the water for him. Now he goes out in a kayak and fishes for sharks. Good grief. Your little guy is so cute. Maybe he was just showing his pirate side a bit this month?

Natalie said...

What a cutie! I can't believe he's gotten so big.

Janice Trinh said...

...three is the new two... I can so relate. But we wouldn't trade it for the world, eh? There's something so definitely cute about this adventurous stage, no? ;)

Alison said...

I did hear three is worse than two. (OHMYGOD)

He's so big now!

Galit Breen said...

Oh three is so totally the new two. Shudder and brace yourself, mama! It sounds like you *so* can do this!

Now onto Spain! Ohmygoodness! Your trip sounds amazing! The food and the language and the experiences! Can I come next time? Please? :)

Lovely post, mama! May this month be smoother for your both!

Kim said...

I found three way worse than two for sure! He is so big in these pictures and might I say again, your boys are gorgeous. The phone will be constantly ringing in their teen years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...