Noah 8 months


Noah,  I can't believe that you turned 8 months old next week.  This month you started growing out of your "baby phase".  The cuddly baby that was here just a few weeks ago is gone and has been replaced by a chubby giggly boy who cannot keep still!

This month you have been all over the place.  You love to roll onto your tummy and crawl across the room.  I use the term "crawl" loosely since you can only go in reverse at the moment, although you have become quite good at getting where you need to go.  When crawling backwards doesn't get you anywhere, you can always roll your way to your desired destination.  It is always fun to leave you somewhere and see how far you can get.

You can stand on your own now, although it isn't for very long.  You seem amazed every time you manage to get on your feet - especially when your brother is around and you see him from an entirely new perspective.  You still can't get into a seated position by yourself, but that doesn't seem to bother you too much.  You are still in love with your jumperoo and literally squee whenever we let you play in it.

You reached out for me this month for the first time and it melted my heart.

You are still babbling you way through life.  Your daddy swears that you say "Dada" and we let him pretend that he is right, although all of your babbles sound the same at the moment.

We are still nursing although I am hoping that this relationship ends soon.  It has not been fun for either of us.  You are still completely distracted and it takes us forever to get through it.  Now that you are back at daycare we are starting the weaning process.  I thought we could make it longer but I think this will be better for both of us.

You are also still devouring your food.  Even though you have no teeth you love to try everything on your plate.  We have started giving you cheerios and bread along with some baby pasta.  There is nothing that you've tried that you haven't loved.  You could eat all day long if we let you.  Your favorites are still broccoli and leeks and the fishes we gave you on vacation were a huge hit!

Speaking of vacation, you crossed another country off the list this month when we went to Spain.  You handled the heat a lot better than I thought you would.  You were also such a champ with the traveling. You got to meet up with a lot of friends who were so excited to meet you.  You saw the sea for the first time and you didn't complain a single time.  You loved being passed around between everyone and we were afraid that they wouldn't give you back!

Now we are back to our old routine and adjusting back to the early morning wake up calls.  I can hardly see what changes are in store in the coming months.

If you want to see my typical Nathan vs. Noah picture be sure to check out my FB Page
Pin It

15 comments:

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

8 months already! Man, time really flies when you're getting big and handsome, right?

Tallulah@Bilingual Babes said...

What a beautiful boy! He sounds like he is really enjoying himself, with trips to the seaside and all that weaning!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I just love that little round belly of his and those warm dark eyes. Just precious!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

8 months! Love that he's crawling backwards. Oh, and I loved the FB comparison this morning!

The Bonny Bard said...

Oh my goodness, he is adorable!!! And looking more like you in my "never seen you in real life, just on the internet" opinion. I just thought he looked more like your husband the first few months, and now, wham! Little Barbara... little, macho, manly barbara, of course!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

JDaniel rolled everywhere when he was this age and he ate everything that wasn't tied down. Our guys would have been great eating buddies!

Emmy said...

Love how kids first figure out how to get around. It really is so adorable. He is starting to look more like his big brother I think. So awesome that he is such a good eater already.

Natalie said...

Can't believe he is 8 months! He's such a cutie!

Helene said...

8 months??? WHAT?? It seems like you were JUST pregnant with him! He's such a handsome little guy!!!

Teems said...

Too cute. I have a Noah Too! :-)

Stasha said...

Little vagabond! So stinking gorgeous!

Kimberly said...

He is so cute!! I can't believe he's already 8 months old!

Blond Duck said...

I love that belly!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

I think I remember seeing your photos when you were pregnant, didn't I? (darn, how my memory fades!)He is just precious.

If you happen to find yourself in London on October 2nd, I'd LOVE to meet you at 'Blogger's Tea'. Details on my blog :)

Jessica said...

He is going to be well traveled by the time he is a toddler.

Can't believe how big he is getting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...