Dear Nathan....

Dear Nathan,

You continue to amaze me in everything you do.  I stare at you in amazement sometimes and can't believe you are mine.  I sometimes wonder what I have done to raise such a caring and gentle young man.  

Don't get me wrong, there are moments when you drive me up the wall, but that is just because you have more energy in your tiny little body than I can handle.  Where does it all come from?  You love bouncing and jumping all over the house, but you always take the time to give cuddles to your brother who is never too far away.

This month has been exciting.  You got your very first bike.  A running bike with no peddles which is perfect for you.  You love throwing on your helmet and pushing yourself all around the park.  Your love of the slide hasn't faded and your face lights up whenever you hear the word "park".

You have made lots of new friends at the park, and I am amazed at your genuine generosity.  You love to share your toys and you will play with anyone that is nearby.  I can only hope that you will keep this spirit and open heart as you grow up.

We are officially on summer vacation, so you've been spending a lot of time doing things you wouldn't normally do.  Your favorite is to go downtown and ride the carousel, although you properly call it a "manege".  You could ride that thing for hours, but I can always lure you off with promises of lunch and applesauce.

Your food taste have definitely evolved this month and you are finally eating other things aside from hot dogs.  You even get worried when there is no spinach in your smoothies.  I hope that this is a trend and no longer a faze.

You have started to make the difference between French and English and can tell us the name of things in both languages.  When we ask you the animals in French you can easily switch between the two.  Sometimes when you are switching back and forth, I forget how young you really are.  You sound like such a little boy, I have to keep reminding myself that you are only 2 1/2!!

You still love your books and love to read.  Your favorite is a French guy named T'Choupi that I have never heard of, I blame the daycare.  I also catch you singing songs in French and think it is so cute.

You are still an amazing helper in the kitchen, and now you come up and ask me to make things for you.  Of course "chocolate cake" or "gateau au chocolate" always seems to be the first thing you ask for.

We are off on a family vacation this month and I can't wait to see how you grow. I always see such amazing changes in you whenever we travel together.

We love you and are so proud of the little man you are becoming.

Love Always, 

Mom.

Pin It

12 comments:

jeands said...

beautiful letter. I'm sure one day Nathan will appreciate all these letters you write for him.

jeands said...

beautiful letter. I'm sure one day Nathan will appreciate all these letters you write for him.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Awesome letter. I love that he is learning two languages.

Emmy said...

Very impressive for 2 1/2 switching like that. It seems a lot of kids who grow up bi-lingual initially at least don't talk as much but that doesn't seem to be the case with him.

Hope you have a great summer break

Tallulah@Bilingual Babes said...

How lovely to see how well he's coming on, both emotionally and linguistically! You must be very proud.

Mark said...

Nice little love letter. But where's a photo?
m.

Susan said...

So beautiful! I love that he can visit this years later. Amazing.

Jessica said...

He is growing up so fast!

Have fun on your family vacation.

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

what a sweet letter. isn't it amazing how quickly they grow?

The Bonny Bard said...

I always love these letters, he's such a big boy! And having a generous heart at his age is just wonderful (and rare)!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

A running bike sounds like so much fun! I think he would be child's awesome friend.

Stasha said...

My kinda kid, who needs anything more then chocolate cake? Lovely letter. I always think of your boys reading these when they are fathers themselves. What a gift!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...