Joyeaux Fourth of July

While most people are off enjoying the holiday, life goes on as normal around here.  I must admit that this holiday is one of the ones that makes me the most nostalgic.  I miss the beach, the cookouts, the fireworks and of course my amazing friends.

I did manage to sneak in a little festive American holiday cheer this morning.  Both Nathan and Noah were dressed in patriotic red, white and blue; while Nathan had fun waving around his flag (courtesy of the American Embassy in Paris).

As for the celebrations, Nathan is on another school field trip (riding another bus) while his daddy and I slave away at work.

Tonight there will be hot dogs with potato salad served for dinner, and maybe I'll find a nice video of fireworks to play on the computer.

I hope everyone has an amazing Fourth!

Also, my series WTF (Welcome to France) Wednesday, will resume next week after the holiday hoopla is over; but please stop by my FB Page for a WTF picture from the archives.  It's a doozie!
Pin It

11 comments:

Mark said...

You know what, America misses you too!
Try to make the best of it. I know you can.
Happy Fourth!
mark

Liene said...

Happy fourth! Hot dogs and a red-white-and-blue dessert for us. The fireworks and big barbecue will have to wait for next year.

Happy Homemaker UK said...

My daughter is making window signs and red, white, and blue desserts. I do think the 4th and Thanksgiving are hard to be away from 'home'. Hope you have a fun time celebrating! XOL

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Well we'll be celebrating like you. I just bought hot dogs, corn on the cob, and potato salad for dinner. Since we have no power, I had to do something easy on the grill. They were sold out of watermelon, so I opted for s'mores supplies. Happy 4th to you, in France :-)

Amanda said...

Happy 4th of July from a friendly Canadian! :)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

We had the same thing you had for dinner at lunch with my mom.

Field trips sounds like a lot of fun. I bet he loves riding on the bus!

Emmy said...

Sounds like you made a fun little fourth celebration for yourselves. We went to the fireworks last night and Ryder wasn't much of a fan anyway

Natalie said...

Happy 4th to you all the way in France!

Lisa and Joey @ Paintbrush and Screwdriver said...

My dad and my 17 year old daughter were in Paris last year on July 4th. They both said it was odd not seeing flags everywhere, and they really missed their fireworks.

Susan Liberatore said...

I celebrated the 4th in the US for the first time! Consider it in your honor my friend.

Kim said...

It's hard to be away from the place in your heart on a special occassion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...