Because vacations are hard work

I completely fell off the face of the earth last week.  Life definitely got the better of me.

It happens to the best of us.  Work was insane and the kids even more so.

With the crazy weather we've been having, all of us were getting some severe cabin fever.  The weather during the week would be amazing - sunny and warm (not hot) and then the weekend would roll around and it would be cold and rainy.  It sucked for all of us.

By the time Friday rolled around - I was ready.  Ready to take 3 weeks off of work.  Ready to spend some quality time with the boys before they have to go back to daycare.  Ready to enjoy some of the mild French weather.  Just ready.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I hit "Mark all as read" on my Reader this morning.  I apologize to all of you for not stopping by last week, but seeing over 400 unread made my little heart panic.  I dreaded even opening the laptop having that big ball of guilt staring back at me.  So I did it - and what I am ashamed to admit is that it felt great and liberating.  Like making a fresh start.

So now that I'm home with the boys for a couple of weeks, I hopefully will have some time to play catch up.  I will also be making time for some play time at the park, some rides on the carousel downtown, and a family vacation nestled in between.

Isn't this what summertime is all about?

I hope you are having as much time as we are....




Pin It

17 comments:

Liene said...

Ooh, where are you taking your vacation? You know, now that I have to live through the lives of those of you still in France!

Sonya said...

The good news is you haven't missed a thing on my blog! I've barely posted. I've been too busy. But there is some exciting stuff coming next week so you'll be all ready to read that!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yay vacation!!

Love his t-shirt!

Amanda said...

Sometimes you just gotta hit "mark all as read" for your sanity. Happy vacation!

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Glad you're making time for yourself and the boys! Don't feel guilty... we all get busy and keeping up with a blog, life, commenting, etc... gets exhausting and becomes a whole lot of work. Enjoy your time off and live guilt-free!

Natalie said...

Girl sometimes that button is your best friend! No worries and have a great time with your boys!

jeands said...

enjoy your vacation and your time with your two adorable kids.

Mark said...

No, Summertime is about reading my blog daily! What's wrong with you People???
Listen, I love that you called Google Reader a "big ball of guilt". Because that's exactly what it is. Sometimes, when I get it down to Zero, I do the Dance of Happiness. It's just like the Dance of Joy but much Gayer.
Have a great time with your boys! I'll be here all Summer waiting for you to return to me. I know you'll come back so I'm not worried.
Your Friend, m.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

Blond Duck said...

Life is for living, and you are!

Susan Liberatore said...

Absolutely that's what it's all about!
Enjoy your boys.

Jen said...

Haha...I've done the "Mark all as read" more times than I care to admit...life happens, nothing to feel guilty about! And enjoy your weeks off...hope the weather cooperates for you :)

Emmy said...

Good for you!! I used to hit that button every Sunday to start fresh every week. I hope you enjoy your summer

Stasha said...

Barbara I am so behind I am late for being late!! You go, play, enjoy summer. GO!!!

Sara Louise said...

Why is it nice all week and then rain on the weekends?! Why does that happen?? That to me is one of the great, and terrible mysteries of life.
Enjoy your vacation! :)

Kim said...

I honestly hear you my friend. I can barely keep it together these days.

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

sounds like a great summer. enjoy those beautiful boys!

Kiddothings said...

Been down that guilt trip myself but you know your family comes first. Cherish every moment you have with them and forget about the numbers on the Reader! Happy summer! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...