Pins & Needles

I am sure that after my last post you have all been left wondering if the hubs stepped it up on Mother's Day 2.0 or not.

Before I let you all know the answer I thought I would share the events that led up to Sunday.  This was supposed to be our "relaxing" weekend at home.  The first full weekend back home after our "vacation" last week, and the last full weekend home before Cornel goes back on a two-week business trip and takes Nathan with him.  Yes, you read that correctly.

The first thing on our agenda was to get Nathan haircut because the boy couldn't even see anymore.  He was one day away from being mistaken for those shaggy dogs.

Of course the only time his hairdresser (yes, he has his own hairdresser) was available was 8 am.  Now let me tell you, that even on a work day we struggle to get anywhere by 8, and here we were attempting it on a Saturday.

We somehow got it together and my sweet boy now looks like this.  I love him with his short hair.

Not to be left out though, this happened!  If you listen closely you can hear Nathan speaking French and asking for his pain-au-chocolate (chocolate croissant).  What can I say, he is his mother's son.




At just 5 1/2 months old, Noah got his first haircut!!


He has a lot less hair than Nathan did during his first haircut so the experience was less traumatic.  These little curly cues have now made their way to his baby book, which I have yet to fill out.  I blame second baby syndrome.

After finally buying Nathan his pain-au-chocolate we were off to run errands.  Which included a stop at Toys R' Us.  Luckily riding the display toys and pushing around a little cart was enough for us to escape unscathed.

But what could possibly be more fun than a trip to a Toy Store, well, there was our company sponsored "Kid Day".

Have I told you how awesome my company is to work for?  They had an entire set up with bouncy houses, slides and all sorts of animation.  Nathan couldn't figure out what to do first and he rode the tobogan (slide) a bazillion times in a row. Okay, maybe it was only 20 but it felt like a bazillion.

Then Sunday rolled around, and my dreams of sleeping in where thwarted when Nathan ran in singing "Happy Birthday".  It wasn't my birthday.  In the mind of a two year old every occasion in which breakfast is served in bed and cards are made is a birthday!

And of course, the husband stepped it up and got me some beautiful flowers for La Fete de Mamman.


I didn't even have to tip the messenger!


Pin It

19 comments:

Liene said...

Nathan's first business trip, can't wait to hear about THIS!

Michelle said...

Aww, nice! I got flowers, too, although no breakfast in bed since Shannon got home from his business trip at 8 a.m. on Mother's Day, but I'll take what I can get! =)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yay for flowers! That bouncy thing w/ the shark teeth is pretty cool - I've never seen one like that before.

Mark said...

You have two handsome boys there! And Happy belated Mother's Day to you!!!
Love hearing Nathan speak French. When I would visit Fred, I would hear these little kids speaking French and I kept thinking that they were just showing off. Who knew!
m.

Kim said...

HOw adorable is Nathan with that haircut and I can hardly stand how precious NOah is in his sling while they cut his hair.

Natalie said...

Awww look at Nathan with all his hair gone! Can't wait to hear about his trip with daddy!

jeands said...

He really does look adorable in his haircut. Yay for flowers and breakfast in bed. I hope the dady will take pictures during their trip for you to share here.

The Bonny Bard said...

Yay for flowers on Mother's Day! Your company sounds really cool to work for! And can I say that though adorable with his short hair, Nathan totally rocked the shaggy dog look!

Jessica said...

Breakfast in bed is always fun and so are huge bounce houses.

Jen said...

Aw, Nathan looks like such a big boy!! That bouncy house slide is AWESOME!!

labergerebasque said...

Nathan is obviously a big enough boy to go on a business trip?!! Wow…he looks so grown up with his haircut.
I Love hearing little kids speak french, it really is too beautiful for words...

Lucija said...

I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? Let me know on my blog if you would follow me and I will follow you immediately Have a great day honey
http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The Kid Day looks awesome. I love Nathan's short hair! What a great hair cut!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Wow, your company sounds awesome. I *think* I know who you work for, based on the time I spent there.

I learned pain au chocolat early on too. I miss those so much.

Kimberly said...

Looks like a great day! I love hearing you speak French. It's my favorite language!

Sara Louise said...

I want to go to Kid's Day!
Glad you got breakfast in bed and flowers :)

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

Aw sweet!!

And Nathan's going away with Daddy for 2 weeks?? Whoa, precious one-on-one time with Noah!

Adrienne said...

nostalgia....my kids little voices asking for that pain-au-chocolat....real hair dressers for kids (ours had the cutest little dog - couldn't have been any more the French stereotype!!) and floral bouquets as only the florists there can make them! Ahhhh....glad you had a special "birthday" (even if sleeping in seemed to get lost in the shuffle!)

Susan said...

SO much goodness in this post!
First off, I love how you all speak french. I mean, I knew that you had to but it was neat to hear it.
Second, Noah is such a little trooper. So docile.
And lastly, the flowers are gorgeous! It's funny how in different places in Europe they celebrate Mother's Day on different days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...