Noah at 5 months



My dearest Noah,

I have to apologize for being the worst mother in the world and forgetting your 4 and 5 month updates.  You are already 5 1/2 months and nearing the half year mark.

I have no excuses, but I hope that this post will make up for it.  Even your 5 month picture was missing your beloved pachyderm friends.  We just didn't even think to take them with us to Romania.  Hopefully you will forgive the lapse this month.

These past few months have actually been extremely busy for us, and you have been such a trooper through it all.

I started work when you were 16 weeks old, just shy of you turning four months.  I was scared for the transition, but you thrived.  I think you loved the attention and all of the teachers would comment on what a cute and well behaved baby you are.  Even the older children (albeit mostly girls) would gather around you to play as if you were a doll.  You loved every second of it.

Sadly, daycare does not come without it's hardships and just two weeks in you got sick for the very first time.  It was hard on all of us, but you handled your treatments like a champ.

We've done a lot of traveling the past few months and you have enjoyed trips throughout the South of France.  It was nice to get you out into the sun for a while.  You have become such a great traveler and I can only hope you keep it up.

In your fifth month, you took your first plane ride and left the country for the very first time.  You were able to meet your grandparents and your great-grandparents who were waiting for you with lots of love in Romania.  Though I know you won't remember, I hope one day you will realize how blessed you are to have had this opportunity.

You are still nursing and I'm surprised we have made it this long.  We still haven't found this mythical rhythm everyone always told me about, but it has become less of a chore for us.  Luckily the daycare has put you on a schedule so that you no longer eat round the clock.

You also started sleeping through the night.  What a magical time it has been.  You go to bed with your brother at 8:00 and wake up around 6 the next morning.  I'm sometimes sad to admit that I miss our late night cuddles.

You are always smiling and love to giggle.  You also started grabbing onto anything and everything you could get your hands on.  You are loving tummy time and love sitting, I think because it changes your perspective.

It is so much fun watching you grow, I just wish you wouldn't do it so fast!


Pin It

9 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Woot! Don't you just feel like a new person once they start sleeping through the night? He's so cute :-)

Liene said...

They grow SO fast...

Michelle said...

What a cutie!

That "mythical" rhythm comes around 7-8 months, I think. They have to get past the 4-5 month craziness of "I want to look at EVERYTHING!" and then past the 6-month growth spurt. And then it is magical. =)

Adrienne said...

I can't believe it! Five months! I love that he's such a flexible baby - my first was easy that way, my second not as much...but we pushed him towards it anyways because we don't like sitting around! And you may not have found a magical rhythm, but it sounds like you've found great balance - both breast and bottle, good sleeping at the "right" times, and a social baby who also loves his cuddles!! And, if I haven't said it before...I love the blue elephant!

jeands said...

Time flies so fast, it seems just like yesterday when you announced here and Noah is here. And right now he's 5 months already!

Jessica said...

I can't believe how much he looks like his big brother.

Susan said...

I cannot believe Noah is 5 months old already! When did that happen???
He is adorable!

Stasha said...

Oh my where does the time fly. He is such a cutie pie. Sorry he got a bit poorly in daycare.

Emmy said...

Oh he is so cute! And yes they grow up too fast. It is amazing how much busier life is with two and all of these things that you did with your first just don't happen with the next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...