L'Anniversaire

Last Friday, for our anniversary, we ended up calling in a sitter.

The last time we hired a sitter was when Nathan was 6 months old. If you do the math, that is over 2 years ago.

You can imagine my apprehension about leaving not just one but two kids with a sitter.

I got all dolled up.  Well, as dolled up as a girl can get after having been at work all day.

And we headed out to dinner, to a Michelin one star restaurant.

This is the restaurant inside of the hotel I was staying when we met up for our first date.  Can you call it a date if other co-workers were with you? Hm...

This is also the hotel where we had our first kiss (I sound 16, right?).

So, this place holds memories.

So many memories.

We had a champagne aperitif.

And there was the amuse bouches (the appetizers before the appetizers).

And a delicious four course meal, wine and of course cheeses.


And then the piece de resistence, this amazing dessert with the inscription "Joyeaux Anniversaire de Marriage 2012".  I love this place.

They also gave us a small jar of their homemade confiture (jam) to enjoy the next morning.

We did, with pain au chocolate.

It was a magical night that ended way too early.

The best present of all, both kids slept in the next day.  I would call it a successful anniversary.

Check out  my FB page to see the course that followed dessert...
Pin It

15 comments:

Adrienne said...

OH MY! So nice! Lingering over those slow paced, thoughtfully prepared, artistic meals....sigh. What a wonderful anniversary dinner ~ and I love the sentimental stories that draw you to that place!

Eva Gallant said...

OMG! What an elegant, delicious-looking meal! Happy anniversary! It's nice to have great memories..looks like you two have many. I just stopped by from SITS to say hello. Hope you find time to return the visit!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Looks wonderful! Happy Anniversary! And I so get the sitter thing--we had our 1st paid sitter just last week--17 months in!

Emmy said...

Yes that is too long! You need to get out more. Happy Anniversary!! And how fun that you went to the same place of your first date

jeands said...

Oh my, all the food makes me starve right now and it's 1:00 AM down here in my country.

Susan said...

That looks incredible! They give you a macaron as an appetizer?? I am ALL in.
Happy Anniversary!

Daisy said...

Oooh this looks so yummy! I love date night :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

You look beautiful and the food looks delicious!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

How unbelievably wonderful! You're gorgeous, lady!

Kiddothings said...

How romantic! I need to call myself a sitter too. Happy belated Anniversary!

Our Little Bubble said...

Yeah for a date night!! You must really try to do that more often (yes, easier said and then done :) it's all part of keeping parents sane! oh yes!

Jessica said...

Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate your anniversary and to make up for Mother's Day.

Sara Louise said...

It looks like heaven! Next time I'm up your way I'm going to see if I can go to dinner there :)
Love your dress, the color is very pretty on you!

Jen said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!! Good job for getting a sitter and celebrating :)

Kim said...

We need to do this. Go out for a nice dinner without the kids. I too fear for the babysitter - our kids are so busy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...