How does your garden grow...

I seriously don't know why I do this to myself every single year.  Each year I tell myself "this time it will be different.  This year I can do it".

Every single year I make a trip out to the uber fancy plant shop.  Every year I shell out a small fortune for beautiful herbs and flowers. 

Since we don't have a garden in our tiny French apartment, I try to make do with things I can grow on my terrace.  I have dreams about beautiful flower boxes and herbs lining our terrace.  Going out to enjoy a cool morning, sipping coffee.

Last year I even did a small vlog about my beautiful "garden".  I had hopes and dreams, but sadly they too became victims to my black thumb of death.

I have no idea why I cannot keep anything alive.  Well, not anything, my kids and husband are still alive and kicking.

The beautiful tree that my husband had years before we got married, it wilted and is now near death.

The beautiful orchid that survived longer than I thought possible, has now too, passed on.

In spite of my track record I still went out and purchased these lovelies. 

A rosemary plant, a basil plant and a tomato plant.  Maybe I was just craving a caprese salad. 

I bought them while my husband was out of town.  In a moment of weakness.  I knew what he would say.  I knew the look that would come when he saw my purchase.

Afterall, you need only look a little further right on my terrace to see the massacre that occurred last year.

But this year, this year it will be different.

Linking up with Mama Kat's.




Pin It

20 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

JDaniel poitned out that my Mother's Day plant looks like it doesn't want to live.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I've had a hard time with herbs. Rosemary hates me. But I've been successful with cilantro this year - so that's something.

Raquel said...

Oh I can totally relate! I have a black thumb too! I hope you are more successful this time. I think it must just means we have other gifts - right?

Adrienne said...

yup - i'm with ya! From the imagining life on my little back deck with plants all around...to the not being able to make it happen! The good thing is the money part is a deterrent...so I don't even try! I am "in charge" of plants at my office - and in 7 years have only lost one. Every once in a while that makes me believe I could really grow stuff at home...then I wake up!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Oh no, you won't kill them this year. You WON'T!!!!

Kate R said...

So funny! I went out and bought a basil plant yesterday and my husband had the same reaction as yours. Again, probably justified given my track record! Here's hoping its a successful year for us and our plants!!

Liene said...

I feel your pain! We have north-facing balconies, last year only the parsley made it.

Natalie said...

I have faith in you! These will live I say!

Sonya said...

I hope it works out for you this year!

Emmy said...

I am so right there with you. I always think wouldn't it be wonderful to plant all of these beautiful things- but I have come to term with the fact that I will never take care of them.

Mark said...

Oh bless your heart you poor sad thing. That's right, you keep believing!
I'm sorry, I can't keep from laughing.
m.

Kimberly said...

I hope it works out for you this year!

chickster said...

if you can believe it Your massacre looks less painful than what's currently sitting on my terrace (if you can believe it). Best of luck getting those guys to survive!

My Travel Affairs said...

I have no hands to plants whatsoever so I have given up long time ago, and due to my constant travel it wouldn't be even possible :)

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

You worry too much no plants live for ever, I hope you have success with the tomato plant which will encourage you further.

Susan said...

I am quite possibly the worst gardener in the history of gardeners. You must be better than I am! Keep us posted.

Jessica said...

If it makes you feel any better, my garden isn't doing as well this year as it did last year.

Our Little Bubble said...

I do the same thing every couple years! And I will try again next year :)

Sara Louise said...

Oh I'm with you! I was at a jardinerie (did I spell that right?) yesterday and after walking up and down the rows of pretty potted plants and flowers decided not to buy anything. Me and my black thumb have somehow managed to keep an orchid alive for about seven months, so I don't want to tempt fate by adding anything else to the mix.

Kim said...

One word for you: Succulents. Even I can keep these alive. They barely need any attention and they are pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...