The Boys are Back in Town

The moment I had been waiting for finally came on Saturday!  My boys came back into town after two long weeks away!

I was so excited driving to the airport! In my mind I pictured an enthusiastic, open armed, running toddler screaming "momma" when he saw me.  In reality, he didn't even notice I was there and when he did all he said was "hi".  Go figure.

I blame it on all of the excitement of the plane ride.  Surely that was it.


It was amazing to spend the weekend as a family, reunited.

We packed up the kids and headed to a good ol' fashion American picnic a la francais.  Noah was excited.


Nathan was excited to eat some hotdogs, play in the pool and run around with "older" kids.  Did I mention the hotdogs?


When did Nathan get so big, by the way.  I feel like I blinked and now I have a little boy.

I absolutely love the American picnics.  It is so amazing to have such a great community of expats, and so great to spend an afternoon speaking English and eating some good ol' Southern barbecue!

I am absent for the next few days please forgive me.  I'm busy soaking up the terrible two's until the novelty wears off again.


Pin It

24 comments:

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Yay glad they made it home safely! Sounds like Noah did have a good time and you did great too, mama!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

So glad that your wait is over. Enjoy the hugs!

Mark said...

Even when I used to visit Fred just for a few weeks, I was always happy to get home and speak English. It must be like a dream for you.
m.

jeands said...

yey, they're finally back...at last your long wait is over. don't apologize, you need time to spend with you Nathan whom you dearly missed. enjoy the family of four again!

Sonya said...

When I first saw the picture of Nathan in the ball cap I thought he looked so big as well! Glad they're back!

Liene said...

Yay, they're back! I've got the two while the husband is off for two weeks... Knowing you somehow survived when Noah was even tinier is helping me through it!

Jen said...

Hooray! So glad they're back :)

chickster said...

I'm so happy you get to introduce them to American summers and hot dogs! Nothing can beat that combo, EVER.

Colleen said...

Aw, he is such a handsome little guy! I am so happy you are reunited again and wish you days and weeks of fun ahead! have a wonderful summer!:)

Jessica said...

I'm glad your boys are back in town! Squeeze them tight.

Nieves said...

Your two boys came back home, do just enjoy them and have a great time!

Shell said...

Yay for the return of your men!

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes I drop Justin off in the morning and I feel like he comes back bigger!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

JDaniel gave me a hug and then barely said anything after I came back from the Type A Conference! I guess our boys are just low key!

Kimberly said...

So glad that they're back and you're all together again! Enjoy it!

Natalie said...

Awww glad your boys are back! I always feel like Nolan has grown a ton when I don't see him for a day. What's up with that? :)

Emmy said...

Yes definitely blame it on the plane I am sure he was totally excited to see you.

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

oh my goodness - he is such a big boy now. so happy your boys are back. soak it in, mama!

Stasha said...

Yeay!! Enjoy it.

Sara Louise said...

So did he have fun on his little business trip?
The American picnics sound like a lot of fun :)

Kiddothings said...

I'm so happy for you! Nothing like feeling like a complete family again! Enjoy! :)

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

Yay for family reunions!!!

Susan said...

Yay to getting home safely! Enjoy your sweet boy.

Jessica said...

Wow! He really does look like a big boy in that picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...