Field Trippin'

Yesterday while dropping Nathan off at daycare, his teacher handed me a permission slip in order for Nathan to attend a field trip!

I have to admit that I was both giddy with excitement and a little bid sad.  After nearly two years at daycare, Nathan is finally old enough to attend outside activities. 

I totally talked up the field trip to Nathan all night.  I told him how he would ride the bus, go to the farm and visit the animals.

This morning as he was throwing his usual "I don't want to go to the creche" tantrum.  I told him again about the bus, and the farm, and yada yada.  The only thing that stuck with him was that he would be riding a bus - and boy was he excited.

The entire ride in to the daycare all he could talk about was the bus this, and the bus that.  Screw the farm, this kid was going to ride a bus!  He even called me out when we arrived at the parking lot and there was no bus.  I had to explain that the bus would come later after all the kids were there.  He was hesitant, but armed with his back pack he proudly walked into daycare.

He even told his teachers that he would be riding the bus and wanted to stay by the door.  Never under-estimate a kid with a mission.

Field trip days were definitely my favorite part of school, because who doesn't want to skip school for a day and go somewhere new.

Hopefully he will build the same kind of memories.  This is yet another milestone that has come much too quickly.

If the field trip fails to impress I guess I can always ride around on the city bus.
Pin It

13 comments:

chickster said...

Riding a big bus was definitely the highlight of a field trip for me too when I was younger =) Glad to know some things haven't changed!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

After a whole year, Pierce is STILL delighted to ride the bus each day! Little boys and their buses :-)

Kim said...

I love that these simple things delight them so much. Honestly, we really need to treasure these times because I'm sure demands for trips to Cancun are right around the corner. Look how adorable he is with that enormous backpack.

Quiana said...

That is adorable! So funny how kids remember things and latch onto them. They won't let you forget, will they? Hope he had a wonderful field trip!

Susan Liberatore said...

I so remember having to let them go on field trips and being terrified the first few times!
Loved riding that bus. Sigh.

Helene said...

Oh how fun for him!!! I remember being all sentimental when Cole and Bella went on their very first field trip!!

Riding the bus is so exciting for them...I have no clue why. It's noisy, stuffy and bumpy!!!

Natalie said...

Ha ha mom the bus is the best part!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Seriously, it's like the box is more fun than the toy! I hope he had on his field trip.

Katherines Corner said...

they grow up so quickly. This is a wonderful step in his independence. Thank you for sharing xo

Emmy said...

My son is still the same way at 7! He is more excited about riding on the bus then the field trip itself. Maybe it is a boy thing.

Jen said...

Aw, I hope he had a great time!!

Jessica said...

My oldest was the same way about buses, she was so excited to ride on one.

Skywaitress said...

Aw, he's growing up so fast. First field trip is kind of a big deal. Glad it went well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...