Job Lovin'

I almost never write about work or my job.  This is mostly on purpose since I am sure that my company name is Googled often.

I have been with the same company for 7 years now, I was a baby when I started (ok, in my very early twenties).

I have had several positions: audit, finance and the like.  I have had my good days and my bad days; my good bosses and bad bosses.

There have been days where I have wanted to just walk out and quit but then better judgment prevails.

In fact, I am truly lucky to work where I work, here's why:
  • I have traveled the world.  Thanks to my job I have had the chance to travel to some places I would never seen otherwise, like Poland.
  • They have given me the opportunity to live abroad.  Living in a different country for a few years is the opportunity of a lifetime!

  • They have their own daycare.  I love that my kids are right down the road.  I love that they allow me to go and nurse Noah whenever I can. 

  • They have their own international school. I love that my son will get a bilingual education, and even better that I don't have to figure out the French public school system.

  • They have their own infirmary with doctors and nurses on-site.  Did I mention a room for pumping while nursing?  Because I love not having to do that in a bathroom stall.
  • I have a cafeteria that serves things like poached salmon with steamed vegetables and mousse au chocolate, and I pay $5. 

  • I always get gifts.  I  love gifts.  But not as much as Nathan.

  • I have made several lifelong friends, and this is where I met the love of my life. (maybe this should have been bumped up on the list)

I may complain about my job on the regular, but who doesn't?  The truth is that I can't imagine working anywhere else for a while.  I'm one of the few people that loves their job.



Pin It

22 comments:

Adrienne said...

So many positives about your company and your experience with them! And it's so true that in the day to day there are difficulties and annoyances, but over all it's a good fit. There are so many positives with my work too - and I'm going to make a list and tuck it somewhere on my computer here, so I can pull it up in THOSE moments! I did figure out the french public schools (actually ended up as president of my kids parent/teacher association...do you think there have ever been any other american mom pta presidents in france??!!?)...but it was a fight all the way. No one ever went out of their way to help me understand what was going on...no one from the school that is. I found wonderful parents who were helpful...but that took some time. I'll never for get my pre-k daughter asking me one day at pick up why she was the only kid who didn't have a parent at school that day...can you imagine?? Something was going on - I had NO CLUE! Well, there weren't "notices" as I would have expected - I should have known to read the bulletin board! EEK! Hope all is well with your new little one!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Those are some really excellent perks!!!

Heidi Mikalsen Nymann said...

Wow that is just amazing!! Love the day care/ nursing/pumping benefits!! Sounds like a big company - so glad you are happy to be back.

PS Have you changed your comment settings? i can comment with email/link top my blog anymore.

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

You've got some pretty sweet perks! I wish more American employers had on-site daycares and pump rooms.

Sarah Smith-Frigerio said...

The culture of a company can make all the difference, can't it? I know that every job poses challenges, and we all will invariably have bad days, but the overall culture can help us through the rough patches, and makes us feel like it's all worthwhile!

Janie Real said...

Your company really knows how to take care of its people. I wish all workplaces were more friendly to nursing moms.

Natalie said...

Wow that sounds like an awesome company to work for! They really value families which is totally opposite of the place I used to work at!

chickster said...

Wow! Are they hiring?

Emmy said...

Sounds like such an amazing company that really thinks about and takes care of their employees. That is worth so much

Cam said...

I'm with you there. I kinda love my job too!

Mark said...

This sounds like bragging. Is it bragging? ha!
I'm happy for you.
m.

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a great company! It's so nice to find a place to work that you love!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like such an awesome company to work for! I am sure everyone is dying to know - what were the gifts?!

Sonya said...

Your company sounds great. I think places like that are so hard to find. It seems like hubby's new job has an atmosphere like that or so we are hoping.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

They're so family friendly! I am in awe! I would likely stay put too with all of these perks. :)

jeands said...

Wow your company sounds so great. You're very lucky to be working such kind of company...I like it that they are so family friendly and has some benefits intended for working mom like you.

Kate R said...

So glad you enjoy your work. It must make the transition back to work a bit easier, too. In my very male-dominated, conservative office, I'm wondering quite how I'll manage once baby comes along and I'm back to work!!

Jessica said...

I think it's normal to complain about a job because it's such a large part of a persons life but to be really happy with it is not so common. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying yours.

Jenny said...

Definitely sounds like an amazing place to work with many great benefits! The daycare sold me!

miss b said...

This sounds like an amazing, caring company. You have so many advantages and it's so important to be happy at work.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Wow. It sounds like they really take care of you and your family there!

Katharine said...

I am very jealous. I am just about at the end of my rope with my job. APAC, and especially China, and mostly with foreign companies don't believe in training or keeping employees happy. If they quit, they quit, but there is no headcount to replace them!! It's making me crazy and now that bills are almost all gone, it might be time to save my mental health!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...