I have been with the same company for 7 years now, I was a baby when I started (ok, in my very early twenties).
I have had several positions: audit, finance and the like. I have had my good days and my bad days; my good bosses and bad bosses.
There have been days where I have wanted to just walk out and quit but then better judgment prevails.
In fact, I am truly lucky to work where I work, here's why:
- I have traveled the world. Thanks to my job I have had the chance to travel to some places I would never seen otherwise, like Poland.
- They have given me the opportunity to live abroad. Living in a different country for a few years is the opportunity of a lifetime!
- They have their own daycare. I love that my kids are right down the road. I love that they allow me to go and nurse Noah whenever I can.
- They have their own international school. I love that my son will get a bilingual education, and even better that I don't have to figure out the French public school system.
- They have their own infirmary with doctors and nurses on-site. Did I mention a room for pumping while nursing? Because I love not having to do that in a bathroom stall.
- I have a cafeteria that serves things like poached salmon with steamed vegetables and mousse au chocolate, and I pay $5.
- I always get gifts. I love gifts. But not as much as Nathan.
- I have made several lifelong friends, and this is where I met the love of my life. (maybe this should have been bumped up on the list)
I may complain about my job on the regular, but who doesn't? The truth is that I can't imagine working anywhere else for a while. I'm one of the few people that loves their job.