Sables du citron aux framboises {Raspberry Lemon Cookies}

I have been on a lemon kick lately. Maybe it is because the light flavor makes me think of Spring.

I made these cookies as a test because the combination sounded delicious, however I am terrible at baking cookies.

Not only was this recipe super easy but they were a big hit even with the toddler! That is saying ALOT.



First mix the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder and salt.

Then in a small bowl mix the jam with the Chambord.


Chambord is a raspberry flavored liqueur and as you can see we use it often!


If you don't like cooking with alcohol or don't have Chambord you can leave it out and the cookies still taste delicious.

In another bowl combine the egg yolk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.

Then cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

Then beat in your egg yolk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.

When everything is combined beat in the flour in two additions until the dough forms small moist clumps.

Roll the dough into a ball. From here pinch off one inch balls and place them on your cookie sheet.


Make an indentation in each cookie either with your finger or the back of a spoon.


Place a 1/2 teaspoon of the jam mixture in each indentation.


Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.

I can tell you from experience that you want to keep an eye in them because they will go from golden brown to dark brown in no time!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of raspberry jam
1 teaspoon of Chambord (optional)
1 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 stick of butter at room temperature (1/2 cup)
1/3 cups sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest

Preheat your oven to 350℉ (180℃) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

In a small bowl combine the jam with the Chambord and set aside.

In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.

Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg yolk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.

Beat in the flour in two additions until the dough forms moist clumps.

Form the dough into a large ball and then pinch off smaller one inch balls and place in lined cookie sheets.

Press down the center of each cookie and add 1/2 teaspoon of jam mixture into each indentation.

Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

Let cool and enjoy!

This recipe makes about a dozen and a half cookies. In my house they wee gone in one afternoon so next time I will double the recipe!
Pin It

10 comments:

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Yummy!

jeands said...

this looks so deli... I so envy that you're living in France! Haha I want to live in France and eat french food.

Susan Liberatore said...

Those look great!

Natalie said...

Seriously no fair! I was just thinking I needed a snack and then you tease me with this!

Elena said...

Yummy little treat! Pinning this too!

Jessica said...

You had me at Chambord.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

These look amazing. I used to love some mixed drink that had chambord and sweet+sour in it - trying to remember what it was called. Definite sign I'm getting old ;-)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Oh my word, those sound spectacular and they're gorgeous besides!

Emmy said...

Okay those do look good. I bet my kids would eat them too- well at least 1/3 of my kids for sure :)

Adrienne said...

oh my! My mouth is watering. Don't know how I missed this! I'm not a great baker either, so I liked the 'easy' part...and the taste combo sounds amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...