A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Have you missed me lately?  Life has once again come in between me and my beloved blogging.

It has now been one week since my laptop went kaput and the French equivalent of the Geek Squad, like all things French, lacks timeliness and so I wait.  My generous husband has offered up his desktop for my enjoyment, but it is just not the same.  Lucky for all of us, he preemptively backed up my hard drive days before the crash; maybe he jinxed me.

And so I am confined to blogging and posting from my phone, so please forgive if I have neglected you.  I promise I will visit soon.

The weather here has been unbelievable lately.  You would hardly recognize Clermont-Ferrand.  The sun has been shining and one would think that Spring has arrived.  This has also contributed to my lack of focus.

We are also making a trip to the embassy in the near future for all things administrative.  Living the life of an expat abroad is not all glamourous.  In addition to the many things we will be doing at the embassy, we will be registering for Noah's American birth certificate, passport and social security card.

On a related note, you have not lived until you try to take a passport picture of a two month old.  It took three people nearly a half hour just to get a shot that "might not be rejected".  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.


I also had to stop by the office this past week to interview for a new position.  There is nothing like being on maternity leave and having no idea what you will do next.  Here is hoping I "wowed" at the interview because his new job sounds awesome.

In in other baby news, I have an interview with the office daycare to secure Noah a place.  We have been on the waiting list since May of last year, yeah it is like that.

Hopefully life will get back to normal soon.
Pin It

13 comments:

Mark said...

You should drink Champagne while driving to the embassy. You know, to make you feel more glamorous!
Good luck with the job!
m.

Quiana said...

Good luck with the interview - and for the daycare one too!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I have had a pic of a baby taken before - when my oldest was a baby. It was tricky!! Then we never ended up using it. It's probably expired now.

Bummer on the computer. I had to get a new laptop about a month ago.

For some reason your posts aren't showing up in my reader, so I'm going to try to follow you again.

Susan said...

Sounds like you've got a ton going on!
And on the subject of baby passport pics...I would love to show you Ava's. She looks like a criminal. NO SMILING. ;)

Liene said...

Oh, baby pasport picture taking! Lauris used to tilt his head all the time, and we tried two or three seperate times, even tilting the camera try and get his head straight! Good news about the interview and daycare, good luck...

Natalie said...

Sorry to hear about your computer...boo! And that is crazy to think of a baby having a passport...I never really thought of that before but I guess you have to get one. I bet you rocked the interview!

Shell said...

I can't imagine trying to get a passport photo of a 2 month old!

Jessica said...

Good luck on the new job, the preschool, and the passport picture.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I hope the daycare comes though. It will be wonderful to have him right there. Crossing my fingers for your new job to come through.

Emmy said...

Wow almost a year on a waiting list- that is tough. I don't think too many two month olds have passports :). And yes, I often use my phone for reading blogs but would not want to write posts from it

Adrienne said...

Souds a bit crazy ... as life is during 'transition' times! Will keep you in my thoughts that all things administrative and organizational fall into place ~ I remember all too well the embassy and prefecteur visits!!

Julia Hunter said...

I can only imagine how hard it must be to get a passport pic of a 2 month old. We had to get one for our 1 year old and it was not easy.

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

It sounds like things move just as slowly in France as they do in Italy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...