Cake au Comte & Jambon - {French Bread with Ham & Cheese}


This recipe has quickly become one of my absolute favorites.  A friend made it for a party a few months back and it was one of the first things to go.  My two year old also ADORES this recipe.  Perhaps it's because it has all of his favorite things: ham, cheese and bread.

This is so easy to put together that I didn't even bother to take pictures of all of the steps.  Besides, how many pictures of dough balls do you really need to see on my website?

Ingredients:

2/3 cup grated gruyere cheese (cheddar cheese would be really good too)
2/3 cup deli ham chopped
1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick or 100 grams)
1 1/4 cup of flour (200 grams)
3 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of baking powder
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 400℉ (210℃)

Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.

In a large bowl add the eggs and beat with an electric mixer.  Add the flour and baking powder and keep beating on low while you add the milk  and melted butter.

After everything is well incorporated add the ham and cheese along with a pinch of salt and pepper.  Mix well.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Cook for 10 minutes on 400℉ and then reduce heat to 350℉ (180℃) and cook for an additional 20 minutes.

Serve warm.

As you can see, by the time I got around to taking pictures, my boys had already dug right in.  Yeah...it is that good!

Pin It

20 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yay, you show up in my reader now! I'm totally making this recipe, just as soon as I pick up some deli ham!

Adrienne said...

CAN.NOT.WAIT...my son will LOVE this!! (and meeee toooooo!) I love your recipes - tasty and not overly complicated!

vinobaby said...

Oh, this looks divine! Thanks for sharing. Pinning it now for future reference. Cheers!

Emmy said...

I pinned this- I think my kids would love it too

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Wow, how easy is that?? I'm going to pin this to make in the future. I bet I could probably sub 1/2 the flour for whole wheat?

AudreyO said...

Yum, I've always loved cheese bread, but have never added a meat to it.

chickster said...

You definitely can't find this in a boulangerie! Can't wait to try this recipe.

Nieves said...

I am not a great cook but that bread really looks yummy and makes my mouth water, vamos que se me está haciendo la boca agua jejeje! Un beso y Feliz Finde!

Natalie said...

Oh girl you had me at ham & cheese!

Amanda said...

Yum! Definitely going to have to try this - it sounds like something Lilah might *actually* eat!

momto8 said...

I never saw or heard of this before....it looks great. thank you very much. I love learning new things!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This looks wonderful! I pinned it too.

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

that sounds really good. what a unique recipe.

Sara Louise said...

My husband likes to bake (I'm a lucky girl!) so I'll be passing this recipe on to him :)

Susan said...

Know that I am totally passing this recipe on to my mom. My folks would LOVE this.

Lori from a Family's Life said...

Looks yummy!

Helene said...

That looks SOOOOO good! Anything with cheese in it has to be good, right??

Hungrigyrl said...

Sounds amazing and really easy! I definitely want to try it!

Elena said...

Oh my gosh...this sounds absolutely fabulous! My boys (& husband) would love this!

Jessica Ambrose said...

wow! That looks amazing! Found you through SITS :) I'm over at www.theredheadedprincess.com and am your newest follower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...