Valentine dessert and cocktail recipe

I can't believe that Valentine's Day is only a few days away! To be honest I have never really been into celebrating Valentine's Day. After having kids it just became too much of a hassle to try and find sitter simply to go to an overcrowded restaurant.

So, more and more, we have opted to celebrate at home after the kids have gone to bed.

This is why it is nice to try and find creative ways to make our Valentine menu not like any other dinner at home.  That is why this year I am stepping it up in the dessert and cocktail category.

Remember the crepe recipe I shared last week? Well, I started out with my basic crepe recipe.

To make them more festive I added just a couple of drops of food coloring to make them pink. Remember food coloring goes a long way so just a couple of drops will do.

After they were cooked I filled mine with Nutella but your favorite filling will do. I then folded them (they are typically served in quarters and not like burritos) and tried to not to eat them before decorating them.

For the extra special touch I cut out a heart out of some scrap paper and used that as a template to sprinkle powdered sugar and cocoa powder.

Voila, the perfect Valentine dessert.

We can't forget about a cocktail to go with these delicious crepes - enter the delicious Kir Royal.

The Kir is a typical aperitif (cocktail before the meal) here in France and it consists of white wine with a flavored liqueur.

A Kir Royal takes it a step above by using champagne in place of the white wine.


The recipe is also quite easy.  Fill the bottom of a champagne flute with your flavored liqueur of choice, I love to use Chambord but Creme de Cassis is also good.

Fill it about 1/4 of the way full and then top with chilled champagne and enjoy!

For that extra special touch you could add either a fresh or frozen raspberry in the flute.

I can't wait to have both of these next week!  Let me know if you try either of these!

Let's BEE Friends
Pin It

11 comments:

Mark said...

Look at you, Girl! You just might turn out to be a good wife afterall. Who knew!
Okay, I did.
Your Friend, m.

The Anecdotal Baby said...

This is awesome! We're doing a Vday celebration at home too. Hope you don't mind if I steal this? This will be great for our little after party after Lovebug's in bed ;)

Susan said...

those crepes look amazing! And i could use a glass of the bubbly right about now.

Adrienne said...

Hmmm...you have inspired me! My son's birthday is the 13th...so I tend to fuss for that and NOT for Valentine's day...but I'm motivated now. And I LOVE KIR! My husband always keeps the fixins...but might have to treat us to some champagne and make it a Royal valentines day!

Shellsea said...

I've always been excited about st valentines but more for the fun school stuff as a teacher. I love those creeps and the little powdered sugar hearts!

Bees With Honey said...

Mmmm, those look yum. Food is the way to MY heart, I don't know about you. LOL

Kate R said...

Impressive. (Even more so that you have done all this before the 14th... you'll be well practiced on Tuesday). I would attempt the crepes - so cute - but I leave crepe-making to the husband. He's pretty good and this way, I only ever have to enjoy them, not stand over the stove making them!

Natalie said...

Look at you! Sounds like the perfect V-day dessert to me!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

These are so pretty! I love that you added the hearts.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

These are so pretty! I love that you added the hearts.

Kim said...

Sadly my Valentine's day consisted of two sick kids and a sick husband. These look like such great ideas for anytime though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...