That was the day....

Working for a French company in the US meant that we constantly had visitors from France. Sometimes they would come to "work with us" for weeks at a time.

We hated when these people came over since we always took it as a sign that we were incapable of doing our jobs correctly.

One faithful day in September of 2006 we were expecting a visitor that would be with us for over four weeks.

This colleague came by early in the morning, and in typical French fashion came by to shake all of our hands. When I first saw this guy I was surprised.

He wasn't in his fifties like most of the people that went over, and he wasn't French. Plus he was looking quite sharp in a suit.

Being a single girl in my early twenties I also couldn't help but notice that he was quite handsome and sans wedding ring (isn't that the first thing we girls notice?).

He was also nice and sort of shy. I admit now that I was quite smitten. Not smitten enough, however, to invite him to my birthday celebration that night. He was still a visitor from France, who knows what kind of information he would be reporting back!

The month came and went and we hardly spoke other than the daily "bonjour", and he was soon back in France.

Never would I have imagined that on that faithful September day I was meeting the man that would become my husband. The man that would become the father to my boys. And the guy, that six years later, still looks amazing in a suit.



Let's BEE Friends
Pin It

22 comments:

Mark said...

Aw, you gave me goosebumps with this. Stop that!
Seriously, I loved it!
m.

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

that made me smile. your love story is beautiful.

Adrienne said...

Oh wow! Just goes to show, we never know what the day might bring!

Allison said...

Very sweet! Now that is a good day at work! (He does look good in a suit!)

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

I'm gonna have to agree. He IS really cute, isn't he? ooh la la.

Sonya said...

What a sweet story!

Abigail said...

Aw, what a sweet story! But now I want to know the rest. How did you go from just bonjour to married? Or is a that a story that has been told and I missed it?

Sara Louise said...

How sweet!! You never know on that day when we meet them do we? I love thinking back to the day I met my husband and try to get back into my state of mind to see if I had any inkling at all. Of course I didn't. It's so wonderful! :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I loved reading this! Especially the way your wrote it was fun because I didn't know what was coming when I started reading! The ending's pretty perfect too. :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a charming story this is!

Kiddothings said...

SO wonderful to know how you met the love of your life! Loved reading this! :)

Kim said...

Love this story! And I agree, he is very handsome.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I guess you can honestly say that he had you at "Hello".

He does look nice in suit.

christina said...

awww what a great story. :)

Emmy said...

Love it! And yes, you just never know when or where you are going to meet the one

Jen said...

What a sweet story. Both of your 'men' look good in suits ;)
xo

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I so love to hear stories like this. Total fate that you're together!

Natalie said...

Awww what an amazing story! You just never know where the roads will lead you!

Leighannn said...

awwww so wonderful the way things work

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Awe, I love it! You guys have such a cute family, too.

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

A lovely tribute to your husband. I hope you are keeping well, still reading your posts in my reader but apologies for not calling by to comment very often, time just seems to get swallowed up by real life!

Adrienne said...

Awww. So sweet! I love this post. Beautifully written. It's funny how life turns out, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...