Pinterest make me pretty

When Blogher asked me to write about the blog or youtube channel that I use more often for style and hair tips, I have to admit I was stuck.

Stuck because while I follow some fashion and style blogs there isn't one that I go to when I am looking for ideas.

In fact, when I am searching for ideas I usually turn to my trusted friend, Pinterest.  With just a quick search  I find myself browsing through so many amazing ideas.  I usually stumble upon some great bloggers with some great ideas that I would have never found otherwise.

I mean, check out some of these beauties that I've pinned and tried:

1.  Quick and easy up do, for when a ponytail is just too plain

2. The Sock Bun - because really where else other than Pinterest would I have ever learned to use a sock as a hair accessory?

Source:  Be different, act Normal Blog

3.  The Beach Wave Curl - because sometimes I need to use my flat iron for something else other than straightening my hair!


You can see why Pinterest is my go to place.  I would have never found any of these super cute blogs or tutorials on my own.

Of course there are some tutorials that are hit or miss, but that's the risk we take right?

What about you?  Please tell me some of your go to blogs or sites for hair ideas.  I would love to check some of them out!  And if you aren't doing so already, be sure to follow me on Pinterest!

Also, be sure to stop by BlogHer and read some of the other great places that other bloggers turn to for ideas.  While you are there, be sure to check out their Life Well Lived Sweepstakes! 



Pin It

15 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love Pinterest! I'm following you now!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

If you could see my hair, you would know that I probably need to start looking for places.

Elena said...

I heart Pinterest for so many things! I'll have to find you on there!

Elena said...

The link works now in your last few sentences to your pinterest...for some reason it wasn't working for me, but now it is. Following now!

Jen said...

I LOVE me some Pinterest! I'm hooked :)

vinobaby said...

I've tried several hairstyles I pinned. Some worked, some, not so much. But it's fun to TRY!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Nice to meet you! I also did this Life Well Lived post! The first place I looked for ideas was in Pinterest -- LOVE that web site! I also found a few good hairstyle blogs and I got a lot of good recommendations on hair products from blog readers that I can't wait to try.

Jessica said...

You should try this hair tutorial: http://www.sheletsherhairdown.com/2011/10/tutorial-hand-blow-dry.html I did it once and it turned out pretty good. I should have dried my hair a bit longer though.

Sara Louise said...

I have found so many great ideas on Pinterest! The creator of that site is a genius!

Adrienne said...

I love pinterest! The sock bun tutorials are so cool! I had no idea!!

Susan said...

I'm partial to Polyvore myself.
And the Atlantic-Pacific blog ~ have a peek!
Loving that first updo. Very cute.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I need all the help I can get when it comes to my hair. Particularly since it's been over 9 months since I've had a chance to get it cut...

Jessica said...

I am obsessed with finding new hairstyles on Pinterest. I am going to try the beach wave one. Thanks.

AudreyO said...

My daughter uses her flat iron for all kinds of styles. It comes out looking great. Who would've thought?

Kim said...

It is amazing what we can do because of the internet. I too love pinterest for all the tutorials. I actually saw the sock bun on someone's blog just today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...