Dear Nathan...



Dear Nathan,

What a month we've had together.  You were sick for most of the month thanks to a nasty virus that you picked up a daycare.  It is always hard when you are sick, I hate to see you hurting and not be able to take your pain away.  The only thing we could do was hold you and kiss away your "bo bo's".  We would hold you extra close at night waiting for that fever to go away.  And in almost 2 1/2 years, you still detest taking your medicine.

You have grown so much lately, and I don't know when it happened but your footie pajamas no longer fit. Your little toes are busting out at the seam and it breaks my heart to buy the next size up.  If only I could keep you my baby forever.  Even when we pick you up in our arms, it is clear that you are so much bigger than you were just a few weeks ago.

You have turned into quite the little monkey lately and love to climb on anything and everything you can.  It has certainly made keeping an eye on you very difficult.  There was the day I found you climbing on your toy car to get to the cheese in the fridge.  I wonder if the baby proofing can begin after two years?

Even though there are some trying times, the terrible two's haven't been so terrible.  We constantly stare at you in amazement.  Sometimes we are in awe of how much fun we are having with you.  You have such a pure heart and it shows with the amount of love that you give your brother.  You are constantly looking out for him; always rushing to him when he cries.  You are making an amazing big brother.

We love you more than you can imagine.




Pin It

15 comments:

Natalie said...

He is such a cute and sweet boy! He seems like a great big brother! These boys grow like weeds don't they?

vinobaby said...

Adorable.

Kimberly said...

So sweet! I have no idea how they grow up so quickly though. It breaks my heart!

Jessica said...

What a sweet boy. I'm glad to see brother is on the list of his loves.

Hungrigyrl said...

What an adorable little boy! It's so bittersweet to see them grow up, isn't it?

JDaniel4's Mom said...

His sideways glance tells the whole story! He looks like he is plotting his next move.

Stasha said...

Oh, I love that he is enjoying being a little brother. And climbing is a must :)

Nieves said...

What a sweet letter Barbara! Natham is lucky to have such a caring and good mummy, she will be proud of you when he is older and I am sure he will be a very good big brother. My warmest regards and kisses,

Shell said...

What a cutie!

And a long month- hope he's feeling better!

Jen said...

I love that picture!! He looks so happy! And the two's weren't terrible for us either...I call them the "terrific two's".
xo

Kim said...

So sweet. I know how hard it is these first few months of making sure you're giving the toddler the attention he's used to. Sounds like you guys are doing an amazing job.

Galit Breen said...

Oh my heart, this? Is exactly what it's all about! Capturing the good and the bad and ohmygoodness So. Much. Love!

(Beautifully done!)

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

He's growing up into such a handsome chap!! Sorry to hear about him being sick - my Monkey has been sick for over 3 weeks with one virus after another so I know that pain you speak of, watching them cough, sneeze and suffer. Hope he's better now!

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

Very sweet - love the letter..what a great way to capture what's going on

Julia Hunter said...

Such a lovely letter. I love the words that you used in the picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...