Pretty as a picture

There is something about maternity photography that I just love.  There is something so beautiful about a woman and a family waiting for a new arrival.  When I was pregnant with my first I couldn't wait to take maternity pictures.  To capture those special moments before meeting Nathan.

I found a photographer in Clermont and had my session scheduled for 36 weeks.  Then Nathan decided to throw a curve ball and show up before I ever got to take any pictures.  I did have my monthly belly shots, but nothing like I had imagined.

Then I got pregnant with Noah and all I dreamed about was those perfect maternity pictures.

We have an amazing friend, Kim who is also an amazing photographer.  She and her husband were also expatriated in Clermont but moved back to South Carolina in June.  I was lucky enough to have her take pictures of Nathan when he was only 7 months old.  That is why when I found out she would be back in France during the month of December, I begged her to do a maternity session for me.

I was ecstatic when she said yes, and was even more ecstatic that I was still pregnant when the time came to have the photo session!

She did an amazing job, and I have to admit that I almost cried when I received the beautiful CD with the pictures.  It is exactly what I had in mind and it captured so wonderfully our *almost* family of four.

I can't thank Kim enough for capturing these special moments in my family's life.  (All photos courtesy and copyrights of Kimberly Cabe Photography)










I was not compensated at all for this post, I just love Kim and her work.  If you are looking for a photographer in Upstate South Carolina be sure to check her out here or on Facebook.





pleated poppy

Pin It

32 comments:

Natalie said...

Awww such sweet photos! I didn't do pics with Nolan, but I am hoping to the next time!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Those are fabulous! No wonder you wanted to get them taken. Your baby belly is adorable.

lori said...

such gorgeous photos!! you look fab!

Missy said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

Gorgeous!!!! I didn't have any taken - I still regret that. Maybe next time, huh?

Adrienne said...

So beautiful and cherishable! I love the one with Nathan between you! So much joy!!

The Anecdotal Baby said...

Beautiful shots!

Susan said...

Was so excited to see these!
They are amazing.
I did a maternity photo shoot when I was pregnant w Ms Ava Grace ~ I don't think I'll ever tire of looking at the photos. Such a special time.

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

I love those! Hope you're feeling well. Of course that first one is my favorite.

Sonya said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you were able to do them this time!

Adrienne said...

Beautiful! You are a little bitty thing, aren't you?! :) So pretty.

Stasha said...

These are beautiful. And you are too!!!

Kiddothings said...

Beautiful! I never had nice pregnant pictures of myself. If I ever get pregnant again I'd love to get pictures like these done! Kim did a great job! :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Those photos are beautiful! I love Nathan's expression in that first shot! He's SO CUTE!

Mark said...

Kim's photos are amazing.
I hate her!
Love, m.

jeands said...

beautiful pictures. i love maternity pictures too, when I learned I was pregnant that's number 1 in my list... to have a maternity pictures. happy new year!

Bridget said...

Great pictures. You look beautiful!

Karen Greenberg said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the black and whites!

Emmy said...

Oh love them! All wonderful shots! Love them. So glad you were able to get these

Shell said...

So precious!

vinobaby said...

Beautiful! Glad the photo shoot worked out for you finally.

Jen said...

Beautiful, gorgeous photos!!!

Jessica said...

Those are great pictures and how lucky you were to get her to take pictures while she was visiting.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

These pictures are wonderful! I love the ones at the end!

Laura@Catharsis said...

What beautiful photos. I never had any done, and now I regret it. I was just so uncomfortable and felt so ugly and bloated. You, on the other hand, look wonderful.

Kim said...

Oh, these are just beautiful. she did a wonderful job.

Elena said...

That's great that she was back over at the perfect time! What fantastic pictures. Glad you were able to get them this time around.

Nenette AM said...

So beautiful, B. Love them all. You look glorious and adorable. You look *glodorable*. :) xo

Sara said...

Gorgeous Photos!!

A. E. said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I love the first one.

Alpine Dermatology

SisterSister said...

WOW...she did an awesome job with these pics...of course you looking so great while preggo must make her job a little easier....wish I could have looked so put together during my pregnancies :)

great pics

tracy@sellabitmum said...

You are so stunning. These are incredible! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...