The Music of my Life

Have you ever thought about the music that defines your life?  The soundtrack that would play when you look back on everything you've done and experienced?

While listening to my iTunes, it was hard to determine all of the different music that would define all of the different stages of my life; to document the different person I've become throughout the years.

The Younger Years - Growing up I loved dancing and performing. If only it were for my complete lack of talent I might have been famous.

10: Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
9:  ABBA - Dancing Queen




The Teen Years - Aren't everyone's teen years the same?  First kisses, first loves, first heartbreaks.  Fickle friendships and true friendships.  It's all about discovering the type of person you might become in the future.

8. Deana Carter - Strawberry Wine 
7. Blink 182 - Dammnit (This song completely describes my high school years)




The College Years: The best and worst years of my life.  The years I would never trade for anything in the world.

6. Dave Matthews Band - #34 (Dave Matthews defined my college life)




The Young Adult Years - When I left Arizona and everything I knew behind in search of something better in South Carolina.

5. 30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill


The New Beginning-


4.  Lenny Kravitz - I Belong to You

The First Born - The magic moment of laying eyes on your child for the first time.

3. Calogero - Je m'appelle Nathan  (My name is Nathan).  This song actually is about childhood autism and I encourage you to listen to it and watch the video even if you don't speak French.  The words are simply beautiful and it came out at the very same time that my own Nathan was born.  Listening to it still makes me cry to this very day.


Expanding the Family- The anticipation and excitement of growing your family.  The loving someone that you haven't met yet!

2. Michael Buble - Haven't Met you Yet


Learning to be a family of four, and looking at the 3 amazing men in my life the only song that could possibly fit:

1. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows





Pin It

26 comments:

Jenn and Casey said...

Beautiful! Love the beach boys song!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a fun way of reflecting upon the stages of life!

By Word of Mouth Musings said...

What a fab list and the photo of your expanding family is just lovely ... and Michael Bible ... swoon ;)

Jackie said...

That Beach Boys song, gulp, love! DMB totally reminds me of college too. Anytime I hear any of those songs, I back in the dorm.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is a wonderful song list!

Mark said...

Great list! But now it's really obvious that you are much younger than I am.
Your Friend, m.

AudreyN said...

Beautiful list! I love the Michael Buble song and love how it relates to growing a family!

Natalie said...

It is amazing how songs can do that to you. I can hear a song, and it will take me back in time!

Missy said...

So sweet! I love a lot of those songs!

Stasha said...

What a beautiful tune The Nathan one is. and I adore your song as a couple, one of my long time favourites. How cute were you in collage :)

euregirlsandboys said...

I love the way you split up your list - and you made great choices! God Only Knows is such a beautiful song.

utrend said...

Ah, that last one is so fitting with 3 boys in your life :-) (found you on the linky. Love the blog.... And Europe!)

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

great songs. I'm a sucker for Michael Buble! And Strawberry Wine is beautiful!!

Jen said...

I love how you did this, Barbara! What a sweet list. And that first picture of you is awesome! You were such a little doll :)

Jessica said...

I loved Dave Matthews Band when I was younger. I saw him so many times in concert.

Paul Craig said...

Love the way you put this together, great songs.

Bestfoodies said...

Micheal Buble is so soothing! The picture of your firstborn looks like a little doll baby...how precious and cute (I am not one of these people that think all babies are cute lol)...You are blessed!

Sarah said...

Great list! I also love "God Only Knows" and any Michael Buble songs. Wasn't it fun to put this list together.

Shellsea said...

I love this concept. I don't even really know music, but I love some of those songs you mentioned and would pick them also.

Adrienne said...

Look at those leg warmers! SO adorable! I loved Cyndi Lauper (until I watched her on Celebrity Apprentice). LOL

Nieves said...

How nice your musical and touching review of your life, a very good post Barbara! and your first photo is so cute! Warmest regards,

Emmy said...

Great picks! Love all of the pictures. I have no idea what songs I would pick

Jessica said...

You have great taste in music!

Helene said...

Those are all such great songs! I absolutely LOVE your wedding pic!! You both look so happy!

Liz said...

I love this idea! But even more, I love that photo of you with your leotard, tights and leg warmers on - Ha!

Kim said...

We recently celebrated Shaune's parents' 40th anniversary and he used that last song (the beach boys) as the theme song in the slide show he put together of their life over forty years. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Yay for having three wonderful men in your life. We're lucky women!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...