Dear Nathan...

Nathan turned 26 months on Saturday and I realized that I can no longer keep counting his age in months. I can't imagine saying one day "my son is 53 months old".  He is two years old and is growing up every day.  I used to do monthly updates but that no longer seems relevant.

I have a friend who writes monthly letters to her son, something which I love.  So rather than keep posting monthly updates I want to begin writing letters to Nathan.  Letters that I hope he will read one day, letters that I can look back on and remember all of these special moments in his life.

So today, I will share my first letter.

Dear Nathan,


We spent this month surrounded by family and you loved every single second of it.  It was so amazing to see you play with your aunt and uncle.  To see how you warmed up to them even after not having seen them for over a year.  You would wake up every morning asking for them and go to bed every night telling them goodnight.  


You've also been loving spending time with your grandmother "Nana".  I don't know who will suffer more when she is gone you or her.  After spending an entire month with her you now speak more Spanish than ever, which is keeping all of us on our toes.  She tucks you in every night and sings to you.  You wake up asking for her and immediately run to her when you need to be spoiled.  Every child should be loved and spoiled this way by grandparents.


Even though Christmas is over, you still ask for Santa and run around the house saying "Ho Ho Ho Merry Mismas".  It is so endearing and it is clear that the Christmas magic has stayed with you.


You are turning into such a wonderful and caring young boy.  You have amazed us with your love and tenderness for your little brother.  You love to share your milk with him even though he won't drink it and you give unprompted kisses when he is crying.  You also love to tell him to "pleure pas bebe" which means "don't cry baby" as you console him.  


We can't tell you how much fun we are having with you and how lucky we feel to have you in our lives.


Mommy & Daddy









Pin It

29 comments:

Kiddothings said...

What a great brother he is! I think it's a fantastic idea to write monthly letters to him. Kind of like love letters from his parents he can look back on :)

Quiana said...

Happy New Year! Catching up on blog posts and looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year =) I completely agree with the month counting issue and the new monthly letters sounds like a fabulous idea. What a sweet memento it will be for him!

labergerebasque said...

What a beautiful way to keep him "posted". I wish I had thought of that with my children...

Emmy said...

Great idea! And these will definitely be cherished as it really captures who he is. Everyone does need a grandma like that

Jessica said...

I just caught up on all your posts and can't decide where to comment so I will do it here. Such a great letter, what a neat way to let him know what was going on in his little life as he grows.

Kimberly said...

Time sure does fly, doesn't it! Love that photo. He's adorable! This was so sweet.

Kimberly said...

Beautiful letter and adorable picture!

Shellsea said...

Love that he loves the ipad. I just had this thought about my little guy...that soon I will have to stop counting the months. He is getting so big when I started reading he was just a little guy.

Elena said...

So sweet! Yes, it's hard when you have to stop counting in months. Merry Mismas is so darling!

Shell said...

You know he's growing up when you stop counting the months!

Jessica said...

So nice he gets to spend a month with Nana visiting. My mom was just here for a week and my youngest was completely attached to her.

I heard the other day about someone sending emails to their child so that when they got older they could read them. Similar to what you are doing but electronic.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Beautiful letter to your son. And what a sweet sharing big brother he is. I'm sure he'll cherish these letter someday.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What an amazing letter! JDaniel has stopped asking for Santa and can't wait for his birthday.

By Word of Mouth Musings said...

Love these photo/word collages ... you can add so many moments - and way easier than scrapbooking which I have yet to do.
Beautiful, love that you are recording all his moments ... I would love a do over with things like these!

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

Beautiful letter! Time certainly flies. Sounds like he's an amazing little guy!

Hungrigyrl said...

Such a cute idea to write letters to your kids! I would like to do the same. So sweet.

Bridget said...

You're right, every child should have someone to spoil them with love. This is a great idea, he'll enjoy these someday.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I'm pretty sure that I stopped counting by months at 2 years, pretty much for the same reasons you did. :)

Merry Mismas....awwwwww

Stasha said...

Happy 2 and 2 months Nathan! What a lovely letter Barbara.

Natalie said...

Awww so sweet! He is such a big boy now :)

Heidi / I'm with Leia said...

oh love the idea - perhaps I'll do the same with my baby :)
By the way the maternity pictures are fantastic!

Kim said...

He is so sweet Barbra. I love the letter and am certain he will too one day!

Karen Greenberg said...

I love that picture and your letter. I'm sure he will love to read those when he is older.

Jessica said...

What a lovely idea and a lovely letter.

Cookie's Mom said...

Very sweet, Barbara. Jack is still running around saying Merry Christmas too (Merry Mismas is so cute).

Susan said...

Awwww!
So sweet. And yes, I dread the days I have to stop calculating Ava's age in months. Sigh.

Galit Breen said...

What a lovely ode to your little guy!

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

Sweet letter, Barbara. He's adorable and growing up so quick!

Jen said...

What a wonderful thing to do for him! When he's old enough to read these, I'm sure he will cherish them.
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...