July - September: A summer to remember

Well, Noah and I are happily at home and adjusting to having to do things for ourselves.  No more hospital staff to make our lives easier!  Big brother is adapting and doesn't really know what to make of the crying baby except to tell him to stop crying.

Since being home I have been slacking on the comments, but I have read every single one and I promise that I will get back to you soon.  I mean, what else do I have to do when I'm up at 3 am, right?

But I wanted to make sure that I continued the countdown of our great 2011.

July - September marked the beginning of our busy summer schedule.  France takes their national vacation in the month of August, so in keeping with tradition we got out and explored as much as we could.

July

This month we made the official announcement that there would be a new baby P joining us this year!  We were so excited to be adding to our family!

We also took advantage of the long holiday weekend (French Independence Day) and headed down to Italy.  The weather was amazing and Nathan expanded his culinary palette enjoying all different types of pastas and Gelattos. He also took advantage to go swimming in Portofino and took a small trip to visit Monaco!


August

With no daycare and no work to have to worry about, we decided to take a two week road-trip through Europe.

We stared in Turin, Italy and then continued out way to Milan and Verona - where Nathan grabbed his first boob.


We continued through Austria and Germany before coming back home through France.  We were exhausted but loved every minute of it!

We also found out that our second baby would be a boy!



September

September is always my favorite because it's my birthday month!


It was low key and I spent it with my two favorite men.  What else could a girl ask for?

Cornel and I also bought my car this month, Minnie.  She is an automatic car in France - a rare find!!  I love her and she has come in quite handy!



It was a great 3 months and little did I know how much better the last 3 would be!  Come back next Friday for the big finale!!





Pin It

6 comments:

Emmy said...

Awe thanks for linking up again! Especially since you just had your baby. And yea, I think I am officially jealous of your life. I have never even been to Europe. What a great experience.

I have your point recorded.

Mark said...

Hey, it's Mark. You know, your future best Friend. Anyway, I just wanted to wish you and your Family, the happiest Christmas ever!
I'm so glad that I got to know you this year that I could totally cry. Yes, I'm kinda drunk right now but I'm sure that I'd say the same thing had a not had a few in me. Or maybe I'm sad now, I don't know, my head's kinda spinning. Jesus, where's the toilet. I gotta go!
Merry Christmas.
m.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Fun recap! The pizza in your Italy post was calling to me. I think I must have started following you in August because I remember all of your amazing trips and kept thinking about what a fabulously fun life your have.

I still think that, though I'm not jealous of being up at 3am. Hope you are enjoying your time with your family. Have a Merry Christmas!

Kiddothings said...

I remember following your blog right about this time and have read all of your posts here. I'm sure glad I found you. Wishing you and your family a great Christmas! :)

Lourie said...

I am with Emmy. Totally jealous. And you did that pregnant!? I guess it was the best time though. What an amazing trip. And yeah, at 3AM reading is about all you can do. ;)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I remember reading about this wonderful summer! Glad things are going well with the baby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...