35 Weeks

Well, I did it!  I'm out of the "danger zone"!  I reached the infamous 35/35 last week and I think both my husband and I let out a huge sigh of relief!  While I would love for Noah to stay in a little longer - we are now completely ready and prepared for him to make his grand appearance into the world.

The only thing that is keeping me up at nights now (besides the lack of bladder control) is the anticipation that any day now we can be cuddling our newborn. I'm not sure I'm ready for those sleepless nights again, but I can't wait to smell that baby smell.

As for the pregnancy, I'm kind of happy that this pregnancy is coming to an end.  Now, I have to admit that I have had a dream pregnancy - no morning sickness, minimal weight gain, no complications.  With all of that said, I miss the simplicity of just being able to do everyday things without getting winded or exhausted.

I still haven't been able to get full enjoyment out of my maternity clothes since my maternity pants are STILL TOO BIG!  How does that even happen??  They are petite small for goodness sakes!  I spend half of my day trying to lift up my pants from around my hips.  So while my non-maternity jeans are a little tight (although they still button) I find myself opting to wear these more and more for the sheer possibility of being able to walk down the street.

This weekend, the weather was a little bipolar.  Cold and rainy on Saturday followed by cool and sunny on Sunday.  Luckily we went out on both days to take full advantage of the insane winter we have been having in Clermont.

Saturday, after our traditional breakfast downtown we went out in search of our Christmas tree.  Luckily we found the right one after driving to 5 different places!

Jeans: Abercrombie (non-maternity), Sweater & tank:  Old Navy (non-maternity), Boots:  Zara Girls, Boot Socks:  Etam (french lingerie store).

Sunday was a big day! All of the stores were open in Clermont and we were not going to miss an opportunity to go shopping on a Sunday!  We also went down to the annual Christmas market where we enjoyed a traditional lunch of truffade with hot wine (although mine was a hot chocolate).

Jeans:  Abercrombie (non-maternity), Sweater:  Tommy Hilfiger (non-maternity), scarf:  Guess, Boots:  Zara Girls, Coat:  Gap (old), Sunglasses: Fendi

Each week I am now getting ready to end the maternity series.  We'll have to wait and see how long I actually make it!

pleated poppy



Pin It

24 comments:

tracy@sellabitmum said...

You are so gorgeous!

Adrienne said...

Yes, sigh of relief!!! So much to look forward to ~ You are gonna love watching brothers grow up together! I'm so happy for you ~ and can't wait to meet Noah!

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

How is it that I am already wearing maternity pants at 18 weeks (and for 4 weeks before that) while you can still wear non-maternity clothes?? Not fair! :)

You look fab, my dear. Can't wait to meet your new addition!

Liene said...

I second Alison, not fair! (But also on the you look fab) Lovely tree, and glad to see you are enjoying the CF festivities!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Congratulations my dear on making it to week 35 and you look amazing!! Loved the photo of Clemont.

Genn said...

Hi there!
Just found your blog through wiww.
For 35 weeks girl you look amazing!!
And having adventures in France?? How fun! I dream of going there one day. I live in so cal, so I will live vicariously through you.
Nice to meet you!

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Well done for making it to the 35 weeks and you are looking very well.

Natalie said...

YAY for 35 weeks...and still rockin' it!

The Anecdotal Baby said...

I feel ya on the maternity pants. I felt like a weirdo constantly walking around picking up my pants as the crotch seemed to slink to my knees!

You look beautiful and congrats to making it thus far. Can't wait to hear of the birth and see beautiful Noah! A Christmas baby perhaps?

Hines-Sight said...

Congratulations on a December baby. So exciting. My son was due in January, but was born in December, and I'm born in December as well.

Your first child and my second child are close in age. She was two in early November.

Thanks for you comment today. Best of luck with the arrival of new bundle of joy.

Mark said...

I hope you plan to Tweet all through your delivery. I mean, you do want us to take you seriously, right?
m.

Melaina25 said...

35w and not in maternity jeans? GO YOU!

Helene said...

You look amazing! You really do!!!!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Wow, you look great! Good luck with the bebe!

marissa said...

I totally see how your pants can still be too big you look great. I'd love you to link this up to my what we wore party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

cate @ wildruffle said...

You look amazing! I always did regular jeans with the rubber band trick - so much easier than tugging up the maternity ones!

Elena said...

You look so great! I would love to go to a Christmas market in France - how fun. Enjoy the home stretch of the pregnancy. :)

Kiddothings said...

You're one trendy looking 35-week pregnant mama I must say. I love the Christmasy look of today's picture.
Btw, I made truffade for dinner last night and it was a hit! My hubby said I should make it for our Christmas dinner! :)

Our Little Bubble said...

cute!! yah for non-maternity jeans girlfriend! :) and for reaching 35 weeks! 2 more for me then we will be in the clear as well. Our 2nd son was a 34 weeker, so we always sweat bullets until 35-36 weeks.

Susan said...

You look amazing!
And in NON-maternity clothing?!? Crazy.

Shellsea said...

Ahh, yeah! You look so cute with baby Noah in there! I love your red and gold tree too!

Erin said...

You are so cute!! :) Thanks for stopping by! Congrats on the little one coming soon!

Kate R said...

Congrats on making it this far - must be a big relief. I hope he stays put a little longer, but am glad you now sound all ready for his arrival! Looking forward to hearing news on here in the next few weeks! You are looking wonderful, as usual (and tiny!).

Jen said...

You are still wearing non-maternity jeans at 35 weeks? I am so jealous!! You look awesome! I'm so glad you've made it this far :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...