2011...where have you gone?

I can't believe that 2012 is only a few weeks away.  It seems that every year I go through this epiphany that one year must end before another begins.

Like everyone else, there are those years that I'm so happy to get rid of - and those years that I wish would stay a little bit longer.

This year has been so wonderful for us and while I will be sad to let it go, 2011 is a year I will remember fondly.

January

The month after the holidays are rough.  The month after a holiday abroad are even harder, so much so that we let the party continue well into January by celebrating King's Day.


This January, Nathan also made me an incredibly proud mother by taking his very first steps.  It was emotional and I admit I may have cried.

February -


Love was definitely in the air this month - there is nothing better than spending a valentine's day cuddling with both your baby and your husband.  But love for each other wasn't the only love shared this month.  I also taught my son the importance of a love of wine!  Because really, who doesn't love wine? (yes, I may have bumped my son from his stroller to carry a case of wine, don't judge!)

March

Springtime arrived in France and it meant lots of time outdoors enjoying family.  This month I passed my CIA exam and had a huge relief lifted off my shoulders.

But probably the most exciting thing that happened this month, was that my son learned the proper way to eat a pig!


I will be reviewing June - December on Fridays...so please come back next week and see the chaos that ensued April - June!

I'm linking up with these fabulous women today, so go and check out their reviews of 2011!





Pin It

17 comments:

Nenette AM said...

Oh, goodness, Nathan is so adorable! Such big strides in such a short period of time. :) Can wait to read the rest of the months!

Shellsea said...

I love it! Some funny and precious moments. it's written so beautifully.

Sarah Kate said...

I feel the same about years. Some I'm pretty darn happy to see leave!! :o)

I love the pictures of your son! He's adorable! And I'm sure he's a little running machine now, but seeing those first few steps is so incredibly special!!!

Jen said...

Thanks for linking up!!
Love those photos...especially the one of the case of wine in the stroller, priceless! ;)
I cried when my babies took steps too. It's a big deal!!
Have a great weekend. XO

Mark said...

I'm glad he knows his place. I mean, wine is important. Especially where you live.
Have a great weekend!
m.

Emmy said...

Thank you so much for linking up and I am your newest follower now. Your son is so so cute! And first steps are such a huge deal.

Going to read some of your other posts.

And I have recorded your first point :)

Natalie said...

Wow I feel like he's grown so much since January! He's such a big boy now!

Date Girl said...

What a sweet little boy you have! I can see how watching those first steps would be emotional. I would have cried too!

And yes, who doesn't love wine? I love that you carried it in the stroller. You're my kind of mama!

Em said...

ok that wine in the stroller pic was hilarious!!! thanks for linking up!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I may have freaked a little at your first sentence... 2012 just a few weeks away, EGADS!

I love the year in review post, though!

Nieves said...

Very nice idea and very nice post of yours to make a review of the nearly past year! And it seems this year was a really great one for your and your beautiful family, Nathan is so cute and you and your husband are such a lovely couple. Congratulations for it!

Elena said...

This is so awesome - your year in review. What a fun post!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I enjoyed reading your recap!

I love the first steps phase...where they suddenly become this new moving person!

And I'm fairly certain I'd love some pig. Though it didn't look too appetizing until I saw what was inside!

Kiddothings said...

That's an interesting fact about you - that you sat and passed your CIA exam! COngrats! Nathan was so chubby cute then! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm glad to find you again!

Kim said...

I love this idea. I'd seen the ad for the link a while back but work and home keeps me forgetful daily. I don't know how you're doing it all so near the end of your pregnancy! I'm impressed my friend, very impressed.

Lourie said...

First steps are amazing. And there are many more "firsts" to come. He is adorable!!! And that pink piggie looks pretty tasty too. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...