Fall in France

It seems that in the region of France that we live in there are only two season that make living here worthwhile; Spring and Fall.  In the summer it is either too cold or too hot and the winters are alway too cold (for an Arizona girl that is).

Last fall we were plagued with sickness after sickness so we never got to go out and enjoy the beautiful Auvergne weather.  That is why this year we are more than making up for it.

While most people probably think that we live a glorious city life like in Paris, we actually live in the middle of France.  In a valley surrounded by volcanos.  Sounds exciting, right?  This is actually the region of France were most of the cheeses come from and the landscapes and surrounding areas are famous for their beauty.


We are in the middle of mountains that are perfect for hiking and lakes surround the area.  Sadly, I'm not an outdoor girl at all and all of this charm is lost on me. That doesn't mean that I won't take advantage to try and make it special for Nathan, and my husband of course since he loves all this stuff.

The most amazing thing is driving out into the mountains and to the lakes and enjoying the beautiful scenery and the ever changing colors.  They are nothing like the colors in South Carolina, but so beautiful nonetheless.  So I wanted to just share some pictures of Fall in my little region of France.

These were taken at Lac D'Aydat about 20 minutes from our house.  Nathan loves to go out and feed the ducks (les canards) and if the sun is shining it is the perfect way to spend an afternoon.


After an exhausting afternoon out on the lake of duck feeding and quality family time, there is only one thing left to do....sit out on a terrace in the crisp fall weather enjoying a chocolate chaude and gauffre au nutella (hot chocolate with a nutella waffle)!

Fall is everything that France is supposed to be!
Pin It

25 comments:

Kristi said...

Beautiful photos! I need to break out the map and see exactly what area you live in. When we living in Swizerland (& then while visiting this summer) we would drive over to the Alsace region. Loved the little medievil towns.
Of course we would also do the drive over to Paris...about 5 hours from where we lived.
Had to smile at your Nutella waffle...my daughter loves that stuff as much, or more, than American peanut butter! :)
Thanks for sharing the photos of what looks like a perfect day with your husband and Nathan.

Shell said...

It is absolutely beautiful!

Natalie said...

Oh that last pic makes me hungry...and of course wanting a hot cup of chocolate! Those are gorgeous pics...glad you are fully enjoying France's fall!

Adrienne said...

Soooo beautiful! Miss, miss, miss, my days at the cafe(s)!!

Mark said...

Sounds(and looks) like Heaven to me. Consider me jealous.
m.

Missy said...

Gorgeous. How cold does it get?

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The waffle and scenery is beautiful!

Michelle said...

Let's see if I can comment this time...

BEAUTIFUL! Wish I could see stuff like that...I see nothin' but concrete around me! Don't take it for granted! =)

Sonya said...

Wow! You live in a beautiful area! Love that you are so close to a lake!

Jen said...

Beautiful photos!! Glad you're enjoying your fall, and it's nice to hear more about where you live :)

Quiana said...

Beautiful! So when can I book my flight to come visit??? LOL!

Amanda said...

Gorgeous surroundings! And mmm that waffle looks delish!

Kimberly said...

It sure is beautiful there!

Jessica said...

Looks great to me (although I've never tried Nutella).

Nieves said...

You are lucky you live surrounded by such a beautiful scenery! Autumn is so amazing in your beautiful pics, I wish I could be there taking photos of it jejeje. Hugs and kisses and keep on making the most of your life there!

Elle The Heiress said...

How beautiful! It looks a lot like my home - West Virginia!

Suzanne said...

France is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to bring my daughter there someday, even though we have provincial Canadian French accents that French people mock.
Happy SITS day!

misssrobin said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing your place with us. I especially love the photo of your son walking up the beach. What a wonderful shot.

Sheila Skillingstead said...

The photos are charming. Not the look I would expect. I live in Mt. St. Helen territory. I'm assuming the surrounding volcanoes are either extinct or dormant. Enjoy your SITS Day. Today my post was about colors. http://www.eaglesclawsanctuary.com/2012/11/28/christmas-colors/

homejobsbymom said...

So lovely. I'd love to visit France one day.

Jenny said...

Looks beautiful, but I totally understand the not being an outdoorsy kind of person though. It's one of the main reasons I keep telling my husband we can't move out of the city. What the heck would I do in the country???

Also, anything with Nutella is totally worthwhile :-)

So glad I popped over from SITS!

The Roving Retorter said...

I've been to Paris, but would love to see more of France someday - I've heard the vibe is much different in other parts of the country.

Kayla @ TheEclecticElement said...

Fall is most definitely my favorite season here in the US, but Fall in France definitely rivals even the prettiest Fall foliage here!

All I can say is WOW :)

DaniD said...

Those pictures are gorgeous and so French countryside looking, but I have to say my favorite was the nutella waffle. Where do I get me one of those?!

Kimberly Gauthier, The Fur Mom said...

Gorgeous pictures. Absolutely stunning and a great example of why Fall is such a great time of year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...